ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuelling probs

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
Hi guys, haven't been on in ages! Anyway, we bought my Mrs a Mk2 Ph1 Clio 1.4 on a V plate a couple of months ago after some bint ran her up the arse. It been running great and she's been using it to go out for her work etc, however, we now have a problem. It doesn't seem to want to let either of us fill it up with fuel!! We've been to about 3 or 4 different petrol stations and the pump just contiuously clicks off making it virtually impossible to fill up. It get better if you do it REALLY slowly, but still stops infuriatinly often? Anyone had this happen? Any ideas what it could be? I've got no idea how what is essentially just a hole to put the fuel in can go wrong!!

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
It still does it with it all the way out (well just far enough in to open the flap). I read on a Fiat forum that it sometimes helps to hold the nozzle upside down, will try that next) supposed to be driving up to Blackpool in it at the weekend (180 miles away), don't fancy being stranded up there with no fuel!