ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full body respray or vinyl wrap opinions ?

A slow one
yes would be a clio and just trying to gather opinions on what people think is the best option and nope would a complete different colour

S4 Avant
A proper respray, with doors shuts and engine bay would be £3000 upwards.

A wrap might be £800-£1000 depending on who does it.

Renault Clio 197 Cup
If the paints crap, id have it resprayed and then clear wrap the vunerable places. If its already pretty tidy, id just get it wrapped properly, but wouldnt expect change from £1500 for a good wrap

Last edited:
  A slow one
A proper respray, with doors shuts and engine bay would be £3000 upwards.

A wrap might be £800-£1000 depending on who does it.
Thats what i thought i dont mind doing the inside myself and some exterior prep but its just the time also would just be the exterior that would need painting. would the cost of the wrap change depending on the colour and finish of the vinyl (e.g. matt purple

S4 Avant
No painter who takes pride in his work would be happy to let you do the prep. Painting is all about the prep work.

Paint is more expensive, expect £2k+ for a decent proper strip down colour change, but will look amazing if done properly.

Wrapping is a lot cheaper, but even the best of gloss wraps still just look like a shite paint job no matter what you do.

Civic Type R FN2
You can go down the route of digital printing on wrapping film and this is totally where you can set your car apart from everyone elses. I've made some designs for a clio v6 wrap with a real subtle light to dark blue gradient. You can start adding logos or designs etc. You can get proper creative doing it this way.

But it's true, a good paint job will be more permanent and look better over time. If not looked after properly vinyl wraps can get damaged and look pretty bad after a while. It all depends on what you want to spend your money on but vinyl wrapping is definitely worth a look.

Billy the baby blue wrap looks good! Well in man

Inferno 225 cup
For a decent job, I very much doubt that. I didn't get much change from that sum for a front end respray and wheel refurb. You get what you pay for with most things and paint is definitely one of them.

He works in a body shop mate, he's an incredible guy at spraying too.

I'm amazed anywhere will do a decent colour change for £1500. It's not even worth the money for the time and effort you put in.

172 ph2
Ill be open for buisiness soon. I've done a few cars on meganesport.net (bumpers,trims,carbon clear coating,handles,engine parts etc etc.

For a simple colour change with the odd bumper scuff car park dent,stone chipped bonnet £1500 is what I'd charge. (Excludes removing engine)

172 ph2
I'm waiting on a colour sample for liquid yellow (genuine ici) see my thread on meganesport.net if you can.

What's the damage? Stone chips?

Decals?

Around £250 for bumper bonnet and blend on winds. Providing its not completely dented and been drove through a wall.

A slow one
all options sound viable, seems to be more sensible to spend more up front a full respray and it last 5-10 years more than a wrap, how long would you think the car would be of the road for a full respray ?

A slow one
see thats my only problem, Time would be the most deciding factor. There is no bus or any form of transport to work which is a ball ache