ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Full breakdown of front suspension

Good Morning,

I am changing back to 172cup fronts with cooksports and was looking to find a full breakdown of what was needed.

Does anyone have a diagram or a breakdown from bottom to top of all components needed?

I have been searching the web (and here) for guides but nothing has come up that works.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mike

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
21mm nut
Rubber/metal top hat
Metal nut thing, new style is 27mm unsure about old.
Rubber bush
Spacer/bearing flat side facing down
Metal top
Spring
Usually some rubber sleeving on the spring
Rubber shock protecter
Shock
2 bolts holding it to the hub.

No not the dust cover the bit that stops metal on metal at the bottom of the shock. Or is it supposed to be metal on metal?

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
On mine there wasn't anything so I just swapped the rubber sleeve from the old spring to the new one.

My old suspension is at my dads and he has told me there was nothing at all between the spring and the shock.

I thought that this was odd... If it's ok to put it back together without it then that's fine.

I rang renault in Leeds and they said they could get one but it would take two weeks to come from France.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Tbh I don't think that diagrams showing an accurate version of the 182s suspension.
The shocks look like the ones off my old 1.2 the dish is far to deep, I doubt the rubber part would even sit in my shocks there's hardly any lip on them.