ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Funny smell from heater...

RS mk2 172
Could be you alternator, mine was honking of electrical burning but it was very faint in the early stages.

BMW M135i
:S

Only happens sometimes, smells musty, almost a chemical smell.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Use the Air Con a lot? All of mine have done it where i've just switched the a/c off straight away when i've stopped somewhere. The moisture in the evaporator sits there and doesn't dry out and then it starts to smell, theres treatments you can get to kill off the bacteria making the smell.

A new pollen filter at the same time usually helps too. I've had it done under warrenty a few times before, usually comes back after a while tbh.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Smell like vomit abit? Mine smells like what you described after i changed the gearbox oil.

Black-Gold 182
:S

Only happens sometimes, smells musty, almost a chemical smell.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Use the Air Con a lot? All of mine have done it where i've just switched the a/c off straight away when i've stopped somewhere. The moisture in the evaporator sits there and doesn't dry out and then it starts to smell, theres treatments you can get to kill off the bacteria making the smell.

A new pollen filter at the same time usually helps too. I've had it done under warrenty a few times before, usually comes back after a while tbh.

Thanks, yeah that could help