ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

gasket

renault clio 1.2billabong
my clio just come back from the body shop had it colour coded and the back resprayed and the car touched up.
drove it down the road and it was making a rattling kind of noise, got home opened the bonnet and see oil in the plugs, on the side of the engine and near the induction kit.
took it to my mates uncles garage and he goes its the gasket, would any one know how much that would be to get it replaced?

ValverInBits
It's a rocker cover gasket. Not much, and a quick fix normally, although I don't know my way round the 1.2s

i took it to the garage and the guy goes its a hard and long job as you got to open the engine and that

any one know how this is done or is it best i take it to the garage? want to take it to renault's but kind of drawed away after reading the thread about the dealers

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
about £60 for a gasket set, then probs about 2-3 hours labour at £40 an hour,

or if your handy with a spanner you could do it yourself, but you neeeeeeeeeeed to tighten the bolts up exactly!

ill proberly take it to my dads mates garage he probs wont charge me alot for labour anyway, as his spraying up my alloys free for me only got to pay for the paint