ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear gaitor changing? Taking off?

Hi,

My gear gaitor has come off, I beleive it may have snapped, I may need a new one, if so where do I get them from?

Or do I not need a new one? Just wondering how the hell you get the gear stick and gaitor off to change it?

SEE PICS:

gear1.jpg

gear2.jpg

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
May supprise you but Renault sell them.

Pretty sure they are just held on by an elastic band at the top or a zip tie?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
When mine broke i just tucked it behind the clip at the bottom of the pic, always worked since.

Not sure on price TBH.

Renaultsport Clio 182
i replaced mine last month. cost about £30-£35 from Renault.

cut the old one off with a scissors (held in place by zip tie) and the new one comes ready to fit and you just pull the zip -tie, cut off the excess and then click into centre console.

5 mins tops

Renaultsport Clio 182
just noticed you're from Cardiff - that's where i went to get mine. i'll dig out the receipt for you if you want with the part number on?

Renaultsport Clio 182
up until a few months ago it would have only cost a fiver as the plastic fitting was sold seperately but now you get a new plastic fitting and new leather gaitor all in one.

anyway, part no. is 8200071449 and price is £36.18 (inc VAT) robbing b@stards! lol

Cheers mate,

Tried glue gun before... but came off after a while... may try something else... if not ill order that! cheers mate :)

Renaultsport Clio 182
yeah i tried superglue and all that first and it held for a while but then it broke again so i finally gave in in the end