ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gear stick leather surround broken :(

172 ph2
seems the clips that hold the leather cover have broken :( not sure how it happened, i was going to just use super glue to hold it down lol, will this work or am i better off getting a new 1?

182 Cup
i had this problem aswell. being a tight fisted c**t i used silicone to hold it, that was 5 months ago and its just came off again the other night, going to a new 1 me thinks, didnt know they were that cheap.

paid £5.50 for mine from Renault.

edit: found it.

R82 00 071 449 : Gaitor G/Lever C3 £5.31 ex vat

prices vary a LOT from dealer to dealer... I got quoted £32 in one and paid a fiver in the other.

1.8 Civic EX
bumpage...this has just happened to mine, it's just the plastic oval type shaped bit at the bottom that seems to have snapped?!?! how very odd!

Does the new part from renault come with the actual leather bit too or just the plastic shape for the bottom? Just wondering as it seems to be stapled to the plastic bit...

Easy to change?

Never above 25mpg
Unclip it.
Turn it inside out.
Cut the cable tie.
Slide over the knob.
Put new one on the same way the old one came off.
Do up cable tie and cut to shorten it.
Clip gaitor in place.

Simple as :D

Peddled device
Unclip it.
Turn it inside out.
Cut the cable tie.
Slide over the knob.
Put new one on the same way the old one came off.
Do up cable tie and cut to shorten it.
Clip gaitor in place.

Simple as :D

TFFT....Thought l was going to have to rip it off to get the new one on !

SEARCH is my friend :)

Clio 172 RS2
The only one you should look out for is a PH1 172 Gear knob or the MK1 V6 gear knob.

Nah man... those look garish!

Richbrook, slanted...

Gear-Knob-SlantBlack-lift-r.jpg

14.jpg

ITB BG 182
Mine broke last year, rather than buy a new one i got two little bits of plastic and rivetted them to the surround at the bottom, sticking out abit. cost me sweet FA