ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox oil leak?

2002 Flame Red 172
Had the airbox off today giving the tdc sensor and throttle body a quick clean. I noticed this under the airbox.

6914678178_47c5154e9e_z.jpg

DSC_0552 by thepike1984, on Flickr

So I jacked the car up and had a look underneath, to find this.

6914678572_18acd9559a_z.jpg

DSC_0562 by thepike1984, on Flickr

I know a slight leak is normal but this looks rather excessive. Any ideas?

2002 Flame Red 172
Anyone got any ideas? I assume the leak on the left is engine oil and the leak on the right is gear box oil? I have noticed in the past couple of months the car isnt pulling like it used to. There is also no "5k kick" anymore which i miss alot. The engine is quite loud. When revving the car i can hear it whine louder than normal. Its really doing my head in so any help would be appreciated.

Iv had it plugged into my mates fault reader but shows no fault codes.

Edit - I forgot to mention that an oil change was done end of november and my service light came on last week. Turns out i was worryingly low on oil. Iv only put 4000 miles on the clock since it was changed. Is this normal?

BMW M135i
Top "leak" is just from the gearbox breather, not the end of the world entirely normal. Selector leak on the box is normal again.

The only "worrying" one is the leak from probably the crank main seal back of the flywheel, either that or the sump is leaking where it joins the no1 main cap. Its probably done that from new and in the grand scheme of things will be fine to leave. Major to sort it out.

2002 Flame Red 172
Thanks bmh.01 for your reply. Any ideas on the lack of 5k pull? Done alot of searching on here but no real deffinative answer. I really miss it. The car is standard apart from the stupid backbox but its been on the car for years now so i cant imagine that effecting it. I did have a slight crack where my cat meets the downpipe but that is now welded. Although i can still hear a slight leak but cant for the life of me find it anywhere. Iv checked the full exhause system and no leak.