ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gears in wrong position on gear stick

Clio 182 ff
Just finished fitting a gearbox. The gearstick movement is fine but 1st gear gearbox is 3rd gear position on the stick. On setup for the linkage I put the gearstick in reverse and then put the gearbox in reverse then tightened everything up. I'm sure that the position forward and backwards is spot on but is there separate adjustment for left and right?:weary:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Your better off setting it up in the neutral position with a assistant mate. Allow the gear selector at the gearbox to go to the neutral position, then get your assistant to hold it in the stick in the neutral position in the car. Tighten it all up and check the selection. That's how I always do them.

330i. E30 Touring.
Your better off setting it up in the neutral position with a assistant mate. Allow the gear selector at the gearbox to go to the neutral position, then get your assistant to hold it in the stick in the neutral position in the car. Tighten it all up and check the selection. That's how I always do them.

This, but i go with 4th.

No real reason behind it.

Clio 182 ff
OK thanks for the replies. I'll give the neutral a go. Hopefully adjusting slightly will make a difference.:up: Out of interest is 1st gear in the clio straight forward or more left slightly and forward. I been driving a fiesta mk6 st so maybe the box just feels different.

Clio 182 ff
Is there not a mark on the rod where it went to before? Never had a problem on standard linkage just my pms one 😧
Yes lined it up with the witness mark at first but adjusted slightly. All gears are fine and smooth just in the wrong place. Wonder if its possible to turn the linkage rod at the same witness mark to get 1st forward and left instead of 1st forward as now. I'll have a look Tom. Thanks