ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General interior question.. Door pulls.

As title not much of a detailing question but a general cleaning one.

It's defo been covered before. But I can't word it to find threads on it.

The door pull handles on the 172&182s are covered in that tacky gel sticky b****cks.

What's the best method of getting these off? Only thing I can think of is hot water and 2500grit paper?

The rest of the stuff (centre console etc) hasn't had 10 years of constant touching so they're fine.

Grab handles however are looking like deformed cheesegraters.

I would just swap them out with my dynamique ones which I'll be selling soon but selling to a mate and I'm not putting shite in it then selling a complete turd.

Ph2 Meg 225
Use dettol, has to be the actual stuff. Put them in a bucket or something and fill with dettol with the grab handles facing down. soak them for about an hour or so and the sticky stuff will just drop/peel off by itself!

GavC

ClioSport Club Member
  Black Gold 182FF
Any after photos of these methods? I've considered buying new replacements or get mine carbon dipped