ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

General Service

Clio182
Right guys

as you have probably seen I have just purchased a 55 plate Clio 182 with 57000 miles on the clock . First things first I'm going to change the engine oil and spark plugs . What's the best to use ? Also before I put it on the road in March I'm going to give it a overhaul n check everything so it's mint for the summer , so what shall I look for ?

Cheers in advance

Plenty of info on recommended stuff. Infact there's endless threads :p

Plugs: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?731418-spark-plugs&highlight=spark+plugs [Genuine spark plugs only - really quite cheap & there are endless threads of people having problems with non-OEM items. Renault/NGK PFR6E-10. Renault Wolverhampton (trader on here) is probably cheapest.]

Engine & GBox oil: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...mendations&p=10083303&viewfull=1#post10083303 [Engine Oil - 5w40 for daily/road use, semi synthetic. How much you spend seems to depend on how much you intend to love the car. Plenty of good-oil-for-middle-of-the-road-budget choices at OpieOils (trader on here). GBox oil genuine Elf Tranself 75w80 is again a mid range price and I don't ever recall anyone saying anything bad about it. Bit harder to find. Ebay/Amazon maybe]

Air filter: paper from a motor factor (pounds) or aftermarket foam panel for £30 ish. Most tend to go for a good brand of panel filter (ITG etc.) if they want to keep the standard airbox. Very minimal gains besides noise and a lighter wallet from open filter "induction kits."

New copper washer for oil filter & sump plug on GBox. Again Renault Wolverhampton.

Common things are rear shocks for leaks, callipers for sticking, front springs for cracks, exhaust mounts disintegrating. Then it's just the usual items: worn bushes & track rod ends, pads, discs, wheel bearings etc. Really depends on how "on top of things" the previous owner was.

Clio182
You massive ledge , cheers for this info , literally everything I need to know. Well I don't mind getting the best of the best so gonna buy some expensive oil and as for the spark plugs I might stick with the genuine Renault then. I'm going to invest in a induction kit so won't be replacing the panel filter . Thanks a lot for the info

182 ff
Wolverhampton Renault on here is doing an offer on all service parts..you get your oil for 1p... (not sure what kind). speak to him,he will sort you out.. i just put millers cfs in mine seems a lot better than Renault elf evolution.. i got it from OpieOils from here, had a sale on 20% off free delivery..
only buy genuine spark plugs ..
take a look of this on here ....Fastcar Clio 172 Air Filter Test .. (put it in search ..)
its very interesting ...if your planning to get an induction kit .

Last edited: