ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Geometry settings

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Had my Cup track car done last week by ProGrip:

null_zps4802dbd4.jpg

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
Today we had a mk1 golf that used washers instead of shims. Apparently makes so difference. That on,y used 3 bolts too

HI does anyone have the standard setting as my front tyres are wearing on the outside fronts do I need more or less camber I am at -0°50

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
HI does anyone have the standard setting as my front tyres are wearing on the outside fronts do I need more or less camber I am at 0.50-
You need to get the tracking checked first before you go adjusting the camber mate. It's the tracking that's scrubbing your tyres NOT the camber. Aim for about 5 minutes toe out on the front. That's what I set a lot of standard cliosports up to and they don't wear tyres bad at all.

Put a 1 degree camber shim on the o/s/r and put a 20 minute shim on the n/s/r. That'll level that out better and give you 1.5 degrees negative camber.
As for the front, if its a fast road setup you want get the camber set to 2 degrees neg. The tracking is a country mile out though on the front!!!!! Get it set to anywhere from parallel to 10 minutes toe out on the front. How that's currently set will be knocking the b****cks out of the inside edge.

you might want to calculate that again ;)

it would be balanced but near enough -2 degs ..............

1 degree = 60 arc minutes , so 1deg 51' is 1 degree 51 minutes , half a degree is 30 mins

his LR camber is near as damit spot on .....

And sorry to be pedantic because your advice has been good so far but as people are taking alot from whats being said its best to make sure they understand what the geo print says

cheers

Harv

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
you might want to calculate that again ;)

it would be balanced but near enough -2 degs ..............

1 degree = 60 arc minutes , so 1deg 51' is 1 degree 51 minutes , half a degree is 30 mins

his LR camber is near as damit spot on .....

And sorry to be pedantic because your advice has been good so far but as people are taking alot from whats being said its best to make sure they understand what the geo print says

cheers

Harv
Ah yes! Whoops! Thanks for the correction. Not sure what happened there tbh. Lol

Only one person to blame when it's wrong as well that way! I prefer setting it myself anyway because as it's my own car I want it to be spot on.

You will also learn and feel what changes do ... having an understanding of what settings do helps inprove driving believe it or not

That was the main reason why the roll centre/bump steer hubs came about. Couldn't get the car doing what I wanted it to do, so that was the first thing on the hit list.

Nice to come across someone who understands the compromises

I got to the point I needed a dedicated track car so built and developed this

azuhygy4.jpg

Carbon .... 500kgs and 230 bhp

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Nice to come across someone who understands the compromises

I got to the point I needed a dedicated track car so built and developed this

azuhygy4.jpg

Carbon .... 500kgs and 230 bhp

^^^^Nice! I bet that shifts along nicely!

For me it came down to lapping the 'ring and never feeling like I was getting the best from myself or the car. Swapped to a different car (the cup) and the experience was night and day different. It's eventually led me on to an 8:31btg on a tf day. More to come and more tweaks to be made.

^^^^Nice! I bet that shifts along nicely!

For me it came down to lapping the 'ring and never feeling like I was getting the best from myself or the car. Swapped to a different car (the cup) and the experience was night and day different. It's eventually led me on to an 8:31btg on a tf day. More to come and more tweaks to be made.

Not got that anymore .... but we have a cup as a runaround .... just need to get some stiff walled track tyres for it ... just running my geo settings 20mm and 10mm spacers ... cooksports and fully rebuilt suspension

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Not got that anymore .... but we have a cup as a runaround .... just need to get some stiff walled track tyres for it ... just running my geo settings 20mm and 10mm spacers ... cooksports and fully rebuilt suspension
How do you find the handling with 20mm spacers on? I'm assuming they're on the front as well? I hated mine with with 20mm hubcentrics fitted up front. Widened to track by using a custom uniball holder in the end and found it much better. Just didn't feel right on spacers.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Im getting my Geo done tomo.

Anyone advise me what i want for a trackday setup. Std shocks, lowering springs with camber bolts and solid topmounts.

Thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
AdDaMan It's all personal preference mate tbh. As a base guideline I'd go for 2.5- camber up front and around 5-10 minutes toe out. You can't do anything to the rear without shims. After that you'll have to fine time it to suit your style/tyres/tyre temps etc etc etc. There's no hard and fast rule as what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for the next.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
@AdDaMan It's all personal preference mate tbh. As a base guideline I'd go for 2.5- camber up front and around 5-10 minutes toe out. You can't do anything to the rear without shims. After that you'll have to fine time it to suit your style/tyres/tyre temps etc etc etc. There's no hard and fast rule as what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for the next.

Thanks mate. went with 2deg camber and 0.05 toe out.