ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting cam timing checked in Scotland?

Hello all,

I am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction to have the timing checked on my Clio 172 in Scotland near Glasgow or Edinburgh, and also how much it costs/will cost?

Apologies if this has been covered before, but finding stuff on these forums can be difficult.

The cam belt was done on my Clio in 2014, but the car is now going off the road to be completely stripped out for track use, so I would like to get it checked to make sure it is running as well as it can be.

Thanks,
HelloImSam.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Do you have any reason to think it is wrong? Who changed the cambelt in 2014? That could make all the difference.

Get it on a Dyno, that will show if it's down on power. Anything less that about 160bhp and I'd be getting it checked out.

Not gonna get into who did it or what tools were used as have had that discussion on here previously. It's been on a dyno and appeared to be down on power, however almost everyone at the dyno that day were pretty much complaining that all their cars appeared to down on power from what they had seen elsewhere.

The car still feels very quick and hasn't missed a beat once (over 10+ trackdays) but I would rather get it checked out somewhere (just to be certain) before it isn't easily movable from one place to another as it will be off the road untaxed etc.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
SWR Stirling or rentech Edinburgh are the main two that are regarded as the best in the central belt