ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Go through insurance or get them to replace the bumper ?

2003 1.2 billabong
Old boy just drove into the back of me at a junction, it's not too bad only the rear bumper is cracked so could do with replacing and maybe an arch liner.

question is do i go through the insurers or do i get the chap to pay for a 172 bumper and to get it sprayed ?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
wouldnt get the insurance involved if he is willing to pay for it then do it :) getting the insurance involved will make your insurance higher regardless of whos fault it is :)

simple answer is do you want your insurance to go up?

and yet do you want him to try and back out of paying for the work?

insurance is the safest bet, but the repairs provided by him could be cheaper in the long run...

its a huge kettle of fish mate i am afraid

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Have you had the car checked over? It is possible that more damage has been done than meets the eye remember. You don't want to settle for a new bumper only to find in 6 months time that the floor pan has taken a whack.

Have you had the car checked over? It is possible that more damage has been done than meets the eye remember. You don't want to settle for a new bumper only to find in 6 months time that the floor pan has taken a whack.

This, check the boot floor.

2003 1.2 billabong
yeah this is what im trying to weigh up, im gonna call the guy tonight and see what he wants to do.

Ive been rear ended before and had it all repaired, i checked her over and nothing at all os bent or nothing, just the bumler looks a bit sore and it might have mis shaped the arch liner. ill give her a good look over later