ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going for these but ....

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
AS the thread says im about to purchase .....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....10024&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

But i want to be sure they are gonna be a good tyre in the wet as im still getting my confidence back after buying sh1t tyres and having this happen :(

hpim0752f.jpg

Money is not an issue with tyres so should i stick with the toyo's or so for somthing else ??

I've got Toyo Proxes 4, they are mint in the dry, a tad slippy in the wet if you push it. Wheelspins from traffic lights when driving normally too.

Lionel Richie
T1-R's are fantastic, simple rule, don't drive fast/like a tit in the wet (not saying you were, just a standard rule!)

ITB'd MK1
Toyos are good but soft so make sure the geometry is spot on or they'll get eaten. I like Bridgestone, Firestone, Michelin, Dunlop and Toyo. Outside of those i wouldn't really bother, though some like Goodyears too.

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
What tyres were on the Pug Tony?

Cant really remember mate but it looks like it says alpha on the sidewall if you make the pic larger.

hpim0781u.jpg

As for driving in the wet at speed lets just say thats been sorted lol although that 206 was a 2.0 gti, I owned it for a year and a half and drove it hard in all conditions without a problem.
I bought 2 new tyres for the front as the others were getting a bit low, but the new ones just kept spinning even after 500-1000 miles so I swaped front and rear to stop wheelspin and maybe 1000 miles later the back end came out on me :( the corner wasnt that bad just must have been a bit greasy.

Clio 172 Cup
i have theese and they are really good in the wet too
my mate was aquaplaining like f**k and couldn't keep up with me in heavy rain going through germany