ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf 2.0 TDi - no throttle response...

Just on the M4 in my friends Golf TDi and all of a sudden there is no response from the accelerator. It gets up to about 70-80 and then gives you nothing, foot to the floor and no increase in speed. Then if you slow down it creeps up very slowly to 70ish and of course starts to die when there's an incline.

Does anybody have an idea what the likely cause/problem is?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Could be a whole host of things.

If there's no EML illuminated, my first guess would be air flow metre.

Yeah no light on the dash. This was happening about a year ago and a whole host of work was done, apparently including new turbo, for 'about 2 grand' :O Appeared to sort it.. Until now!

im with Daniel could be a whole host of problems but mass air flow on these can cause a few issues , try un plugging it see if it performs better the ecu should work of a set value then rather than the sensor, its not ideal and only temporary but might help you get home !

Ok cool thanks. In the past it's just randomly sorted itself out, I hope that's the case tonight. Currently in some random grim club in Cardiff. I'll worry about the car later!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Sounds like the VNT turbo could be playing up if the above ideas aren't correct. Turning the car on and off again will sort it for a bit.