ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf GTI + BBS = Good times.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It actually looks more like a normal golf now with some alloy wheels. I agree with the above, it's disappointing because of how cool some of your previous efforts were.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Lol at all the proper hatred, weirdos.

Looks good, and it's something a bit different. As mentioned above, side on profile looks epic.
Good work!

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Love the car !! Rare colour NOT a fan of wheels TBH bbs yes just not them ! And lol at all the vw haters 99% have never even been in a mk5 gti !! :D

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
They are awesome cars. And I don't really care that much that they are bbs, I just liked the design. It's a pretty common design as said, I just like how these full the arches and just happen to have a spot on tyre size for this car.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I like it, love them wheels.

Always liked them BBS wheels, they reasonably priced compared to others.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The ultimate question..

What tyres are on those wheels?

s**te ones, I only put the wheels on to set the suspension tbh otherwise I'd have waited for better tyres. Michelin Pilot Sport 3s or Goodyear Eagle F1's next month though. May put something sticky on the old wheels for track/super sunny day use :).

I genuinely don't see what all the fuss is about. I think they look nice and understated, perfect for a Golf.

10177242_10154114104255385_3727629631009547142_n.jpg

Mini JCW
I'm struggling to find a reason to be jealous of a £6000 Golf on crap wheels that scrapes and bangs its way down the road?

One mans 'brashness' is another mans ruined car. Looked lovely standard, it now looks like some try hard wannabe 21 year olds chav chariot.

Why mention the value? Just seems a really petulant thing to do. Maybe you should go for a 'hoon' in the 32 to calm down ;)

I turned it off after about 10 seconds when he said hooning. Anyone who says that word is a c*nt.

When hooning I'm happy if I see 13/14mpg.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Why mention the value? Just seems a really petulant thing to do. Maybe you should go for a 'hoon' in the 32 to calm down ;)

Why mention my old car? It is about as relevant as the value. Irony scale broken.

Listerine & Poledo
It looks a good sight better than if it was dragging its chassis rails along the floor, with some chromed up washing-up bowls as wheels, leant over like the wishbones have snapped.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I went for FK Streetsport things in the end, and I've been pleasantly surprised. The ride isn't any more uncomfortable so far but its so much more controlled in corners!

The thing that makes me laugh is just how angry people have been made by this. As far as I'm concerned it's just on some different wheels and been lowered a bit, and I really like it. Fair enough (like a few people have said) if you're not a fan, they are a bit different I guess since I've only seen 1 or 2 MK5's with them on. But it's not like I've stuck some mad garish things on there and bagged it. I've purposefully not gone too low, because I love driving the thing. I have a 4 day weekend now to tinker and play with it, and thats just half the fun to me. Maybe it would be more serious to you lot if you did something to your car and it wasn't perfect first time, but I've been doing this for a while now and if I didn't enjoy it the first time I wouldn't still be f**king around with suspension now, would I?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
s**te ones, I only put the wheels on to set the suspension tbh otherwise I'd have waited for better tyres. Michelin Pilot Sport 3s or Goodyear Eagle F1's next month though. May put something sticky on the old wheels for track/super sunny day use :).

I genuinely don't see what all the fuss is about. I think they look nice and understated, perfect for a Golf.

10177242_10154114104255385_3727629631009547142_n.jpg
Actually like them in that pic, LOL!

OP knew some people wouldn't like it. Pretty obvious really.

The "fuss" and "issue" is coming from the lovers, who don't understand what an opinion is.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Love the last pic mate, i think a lot of people on here might take back their knobheadishness comments.

Haha, yeah I've seen a few slightly retracting statements already. Everyone was just jumping on the slating bandwagon imo. Usual CS.

I like that shape of Golf, especially in that colour but I couldn't own one. Just something about them that I couldn't live with ( read as Tartan seats ;) )

I also don't like the wheels in the first pic but they look not bad in the second. I'd still have the standard wheels though !

Focus RS mk1
I think it looks ok, not bad but not stunning............ but lets face it if this was a thread and car by one of the lets say..... more popular cs clique then it would be "full of win" and "i need those wheels in my life" comments.

172 cup
You should of named the thread "it's not a clio deal with it"

always been unsure on this shape gti, not for me tbh I do like that photo though!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I think it looks ok, not bad but not stunning............ but lets face it if this was a thread and car by one of the lets say..... more popular cs clique then it would be "full of win" and "i need those wheels in my life" comments.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I really like it, but I know it's nothing special. Then again, it's not offensively bad or "Ruined" either.

You should of named the thread "it's not a clio deal with it"

always been unsure on this shape gti, not for me tbh I do like that photo though!

Thanks :). I've wanted a MK5 since they launched, think it was a massive step back in the right direction for VW. So very happy I can own one and play with it!

I literally can't deal with the scene vs antiscene battle in here.

I need to go and buy a super dry hoodie to calm myself.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Its hardly scene is it?

Its just a golf on some coilovers.In the OP's original post it was he who stated the car scuffing about.If he hadn't mentioned any of the issues then nobody would have been any the wiser,it would just have been a lowered car on some alloys.
Im guessing he would have got a totally different response if he had gone down that route.

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Split spoke wheels and coilovers on a Clio = WOW WANT OMFGG.
Split spoke wheels and coilovers on a Golf = Looks s**t. Ruined it.

CS.

(And yes my car does look s**t.)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Did some fettling today. It's better, but I really need the adjustable top mounts. It's nice having less bodyroll, can definitely attack corners with more speed!

14088711242_9f9d3df0ff_c.jpg

14088711122_556498bf90_c.jpg

14088710932_dfcd2acb70_c.jpg

13905194869_22899a7dcb_c.jpg