ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone back to Ubuntu

After my Windows buggered up and wouldn't boot (black screen of death FTL :( ) I decided to go back to Ubuntu after a long exodus (finally great to get my files etc from anywhere using my iPhone, can even shutdown my comp if needs be)

Wow has Ubuntu matured! It was easy before but even more so now, looks more pretty too. Really chuffed I made the switch!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
KDF will be along to propose to you shortly...... ;)

Really wanted to get Ubuntu x64 working on my works' laptop. But it hated it royally. Extremely sluggish, almost like it was suffering from a series of multiple crashes. Tried the 32-bit version and it worked fine, but I'm a x64 wh0re. If the hardware can do it, it needs to run in 64-bit imo. What's the point in having a V8 and only run on four cylinders? ;)

D.

Im running x64 and its fine. Although a slight issue with flash buttons while having Compiz Fuzion running oh and the c++ module of Eclipse isn't working but I will soon sort that out.

DCi
my laptop died at the weekend so i've got a spare laptop HDD to put ubuntu on.

job for next weekend me thinks

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
oh and the c++ module of Eclipse isn't working but I will soon sort that out.

Urgh. Eclipse makes me feel sick, quite possibly the worst development environment ever bloated, sorry, created (and I've used some s**t ones).

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
KDF will be along to propose to you shortly...... ;)

Really wanted to get Ubuntu x64 working on my works' laptop. But it hated it royally. Extremely sluggish, almost like it was suffering from a series of multiple crashes. Tried the 32-bit version and it worked fine, but I'm a x64 wh0re. If the hardware can do it, it needs to run in 64-bit imo. What's the point in having a V8 and only run on four cylinders? ;)

D.

Tried any other distros for that? Could be worth a shot.

Fiat Bravo Active TJet
Think it depends on graphics card and RAM.

Could be worth checking out the Compiz FAQ, as it looks like there are some known HW problems. Might not be what you're after though.

Anyone tried out Docky yet?