ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good body shops in the NW

Im looking to get some parts painted in the near future but unsure whether to get them plasti dipped or painted. There is a plasti dip place near me but unsure if anyone on here does painting as a side thing and doesn't charge a fortune. Im in heywood but as close to manchester (so its worth my while) as possible.

There seems to be loads of places down south but nothing up this way :-/

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Thanks

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Prospray (near Warrington).

Not cheap but worth it.

They sprayed the entire side of my car, really good job.

agabuzaz.jpg

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth

Not cheap but worth it.

Have read similar about Prospray on Detailing World. Will be heading there for a quote if I need anything doing in the future.

As a cheaper alternative on my focus I had some parts hydro dipped in a gloss colour and it looks just as good as paint IMO and cheap too

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Have read similar about Prospray on Detailing World. Will be heading there for a quote if I need anything doing in the future.

Yes mate, don't expect cheap though. I was quoted 650 + VAT for a front end respray 3 years ago. I would be surprised if it's even more now.

172 cup
Newcoat garage Dukinfield for paint, seems to be the best in our area, not the cheapest place but have seen some really good work and a previous full re-paint on my old car.

dan's cast offs.
love threads like this...

"i need the best body shop in the world to paint my bumper/wing etc but i will spit me tea out if i get quoted more than £25:00"

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Also try http://www.panelcare.co.uk in Rochdale.

Although I've not had any work done there I did nip down for a quote and they seemed very good. They were also a fair bit cheaper than Prospray.

People on Detailing World seem to vouch for their work.

Iirc Awesome GTI recommended both companies when I had my LCR (Prospray respayed an a-pillar after the windscreen was replaced, again the work was flawless).

"Bloke"

I don't want any big jobs doing you muppet. Find out abit more before jumping the gun. Close this site down and carry on playing world of warcraft. Needless and pointless comments like yours makes people dislike forums and the main reason i tend to not use them anymore. Far too many people that have alot to say about nothing. If you have nothing helpful to say then just dont bother.

Not cheap but worth it.

They sprayed the entire side of my car, really good job.

agabuzaz.jpg

looks a quality job that mate and worth every penny by the looks of it!

Sprayed by Robbo in Bolton is top notch can't fault him.

has he got a facebook page or anything? Just need a quote on some parts so could have a look around.

As a cheaper alternative on my focus I had some parts hydro dipped in a gloss colour and it looks just as good as paint IMO and cheap too

im getting interior parts done in hydro dip, just want exterior bits gloss black. The carbon stuff looks smart.

Newcoat garage Dukinfield for paint, seems to be the best in our area, not the cheapest place but have seen some really good work and a previous full re-paint on my old car.

Will have a look for them, cheers bud

Ford Focus ST
Off the top of my head yes he has just search sprayed by Robbo should be a green profile picture.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Thanks for the complements guys.

I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about my car but here's a few more pics of prospray's work (full boot and drivers side respray). I'm also happy to show anyone in person if interested.

e9uru7yv.jpg

uvybe3ag.jpg

bahatybe.jpg

e8ypyhu4.jpg

It's impossible to see where the the paint has been blended.

dan's cast offs.
"Bloke"

I don't want any big jobs doing you muppet. Find out abit more before jumping the gun. Close this site down and carry on playing world of warcraft. Needless and pointless comments like yours makes people dislike forums and the main reason i tend to not use them anymore. Far too many people that have alot to say about nothing. If you have nothing helpful to say then just dont bother.

yawn...plap plap plap...

Thanks for the complements guys.

I don't want to turn this thread into a discussion about my car but here's a few more pics of prospray's work (full boot and drivers side respray). I'm also happy to show anyone in person if interested.

e9uru7yv.jpg

uvybe3ag.jpg

bahatybe.jpg

e8ypyhu4.jpg

It's impossible to see where the the paint has been blended.

Looks spotless. Really top job on that.