ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good headunit for iPod + Steering wheel controls ?

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Can anyone recommend this? Preferably Alpine.

I want to be able to charge and play my iPod Classic and iPhone 4 through an Alpine headunit, but that is also compatable with the steering controls.

I have a PH1 172 and a budget of around £200. Preferably Alpine.

Thanks
Dan

Looking for 182
My Alpine X305 does the job very well, however I've always thought the fascia was a bit cheap feeling. It's very plasticky and the buttons (with the exception of the big round button in the middle) have a very cheap feel to them. Which is a bit crap for a pricey unit.

However, it does the job very well and I would recommend it.

benkay

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Ph2 + Audi S3(8V)
Another vote for Alpine X305S...excellent unit for iPod navigation and playback.

172cup/ insignia
I recently bought his head unit and i cant fault it http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/sho...ad-836765.html

Got ipod ( get half price lead with the offer) built in parrot hads free via bluetooth also has usb on the front . Also cant fault the company very quick delivery

Was only £169.53including the ipod full speed lead and postage using the 10%off deal they have on at the minute.

Hope this helps

172 Flame Red '53
I recently bought his head unit and i cant fault it http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/sho...ad-836765.html

Got ipod ( get half price lead with the offer) built in parrot hads free via bluetooth also has usb on the front . Also cant fault the company very quick delivery

Was only £169.53including the ipod full speed lead and postage using the 10%off deal they have on at the minute.

Hope this helps

+1 If got one of these as well and love it. the colour of it matches the interior and also one of the illuminations matches the dash lights really well

Also before buying a headunit any where try Matt at MT Audio on here first as he might be able to sell it to you for a better price

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Hmm, one of the things I liked about my old Alpine was that the Aux and the USB were both from the rear, so the car looked really tidy inside because you could trace the wires into the glovebox etc..

Is that not available any more?

172cup/ insignia
looks like most head units have the usb point on the front, i suppose its so you can attach different leads easier

Listerine & Poledo
I use rear-USB sockets then trail the lead into the glovebox, looks a bit todier IMO.

BUt if they've got USB front sockets, they may well have rears too?

172cup/ insignia
i think the one i have does i also think you can update the software on the headunit. I would probably get the same one i got as its got everything you need and a bit extra for £170 including highspeed ipod lead and delivery