ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goodbye 200... already

RS200
Why didn't you just buy a R26 in the first place, and pocket the change?

good point! i did consider that but couldn't be arsed with the insurance but now its a little cheaper. The way i look at it is now ive had a 200 and a meg so best of both worlds. ive probably lost a bit of money but i love my cars and i dont mind spending money on them cos i enjoy it so much. im not gunna let myself get ripped off but its inevitable that im going to loose money when it comes to cars in general.

Your Car is worth around 15K and you are swapping it for a car worth 12.5k just make sure you do the maths :p

Im not saying this to be an arsehole i just dont want ya to get screwed over, you are probs pumped up and ready for it, and its hassle free as its a swap byt 2.5k is still 2.5 K

RS200
hmm well i payed 15.500 for mine with about 1500 of extras so yeah maybe if i sold privatly i could get 14.500 if im lucky.

hmm well i payed 15.500 for mine with about 1500 of extras so yeah maybe if i sold privatly i could get 14.500 if im lucky.

Check piston heads dude, we appear to have got better deals then people get now as it was before all the great reviews blah blah. Mine was meant to be 17.5k and i paid 15k, it is woth around 15k 6months on.

RS200
really? wow yeah i think ur right its cos im part ex or swapping there not giving me a v gd price. one place offered me 11k!! i told them f off! What a joke some ppl just try and rape you. saw a 200 in black at the dealer today with those leather recaros 59 plate £20,250??? lol

Porsche Boxster987S
jeeez , what a s**t thread!

Good upgrade to the meg though. Doesnt matter if the 200 costs more money tbh as the meg is a better car imo.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
Its an 07 plate but it has been a demo car for renault and has been used on stands at shows etc so its only got 6,500 miles on the clock. im getting the extended warranty to cover for any nasty surprises!

mileage is good, but 07 plater - errr. thats worth like 11,5k on a good day.
sounds like youv just flushed 5,5k down the toilet (based on 17k clio 200 purchase price). well done ;)

Mini Cooper S sport
Great choice, you won't regret it! Turbo FTW. Best colour too.

Has it got xenons and a full-size spare (the one in the pic has xenons, is that the exact one you're getting?) Those are the main options you want.

Roffles at the boys squabbling too..

RS200
ok well i paid 15.5k for the clio it will easily loose 1.5 - 2k in the first 6 months. it looses a lot the moment you sign for it. so that makes it worth around 13k. got the meg for 13 down from 14,750. and got tax and 1 years warranty thrown in. so i would say i may have lost a bit of money but im getting a better car so i dont see the downside. if i was to keep the clio for another year and a half it would be worth about 10k anyway so i would loose 5,5k in 2 years

RS200
just looked on autotrader and cars just like mine are going for around 13.5k anyway selling private on 59 plates so it cant be worth that much

S3, Polo
Is it wrong of me to be happy that the 200 seems to be depreciating HARD?

(I actually want one :eek:).

PS 200
Is it wrong of me to be happy that the 200 seems to be depreciating HARD?

(I actually want one :eek:).
The figures being bandied around for second hand 200's are still more than I paid :)

If you look at current 2nd hand prices versus list prices they would appear to be dropping like a stone - but who pays list ;)

Disco 5 ,Monaro VXR
ha ha love the fact people are trying to make out he had a bad deal. Yes this is clio sport.net but there are better cars than clio's lol

to the op.

if your happy with the swap who cares if you lost money or made money if your happy then good on you.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
you are deluded if you think your 200 is worth 15k on the second hand market.

just LOL.

you can put it up for that but no chump will ever buy it.

you give the OP such a hard time for his deal he made and make it your goal to rip him apart on price. so don't come crying when people take the piss with you believing your 200 is worth 15k.

just leave him be.

i don't understand why people have to go out of their way to be so offensive. sheesh!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a good swap, no hassle selling or anything. Have to take these things into consideration.

It's Mike 17k all over again.

you are deluded if you think your 200 is worth 15k on the second hand market.

just LOL.

you can put it up for that but no chump will ever buy it.

you give the OP such a hard time for his deal he made and make it your goal to rip him apart on price. so don't come crying when people take the piss with you believing your 200 is worth 15k.

just leave him be.

i don't understand why people have to go out of their way to be so offensive. sheesh!

Right i dont think famguy will take it as me being offensive, if you read the posts you will see that he hasnt checked pistonheads to check prices and i just wanted to give him a few facts as i spend alot of time looking on there. Again if you read the posts i was only giving examples which were all on topic unlike most of this thread.
What ever you think seb im not looking to upset him nor anyone else.

On another note, Gally i just had a call from the place with the FRS, if i pay asking price of 24k they would give me 15k for mine.....im so tempted but i dont wanna sign up for finance and i already dont get the most out of my car, yet.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i have read the thread. hence why i replied. it is my opinion.

i got 8.5k trade in for my 182 years ago when it was really only worth 7 at best. woop de do. they can always use the trade in to bump the price for you.

i get fed up with people intentionally trying to put people down all the time. i think it comes from peoples own insecurities.

I don't know why people can't just enjoy their cars without bickering over pointless s**t. A bit of discussion is healthy, but these debates on CS always come down to people having a pissing contest, arguing over who got the best deal, or who's car is 0.3 seconds faster to 100mph.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The civic vs 182 thread earlier is a good example how discussion is fine.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I don't know why people can't just enjoy their cars without bickering over pointless s**t. A bit of discussion is healthy, but these debates on CS always come down to people having a pissing contest, arguing over who got the best deal, or who's car is 0.3 seconds faster to 100mph.

Funny that, of course never see yourself boasting about the fact you own an FRS in almost every single non-GC thread?

LY 200
LOL @ Louis putting up Megs worth 15k and saying they are cheaper than the one this chaps just bought when he has already said Renault give him a PX to the value of 13k!

At the end of the day none of the LY's are 12.5k cars (in any of the adverts) and the 200 is not worth the 15k you think it is so he has a fair deal.

LOL @ Louis putting up Megs worth 15k and saying they are cheaper than the one this chaps just bought when he has already said Renault give him a PX to the value of 13k!

At the end of the day none of the LY's are 12.5k cars (in any of the adverts) and the 200 is not worth the 15k you think it is so he has a fair deal.

its a fair point none of the LYs are going for 12.5k and i have clearly made an error on that.

I do think he could get into atleast a 58 plate or something with warranty for the same swap. This isnt to rip him apart atall and i think he knows that.

RS200
its a fair point none of the LYs are going for 12.5k and i have clearly made an error on that.

I do think he could get into atleast a 58 plate or something with warranty for the same swap. This isnt to rip him apart atall and i think he knows that.

lol dont worry louism im not offended ur just trying to help. at the end of the day i started the thread cos i wanted everyones opinions even if there a bit odd. if someone starts an arguement i dont care i just want to talk about the thread not get in an arguement. I think that whatever car you buy the first 6 months to a year is always the biggest hit in depreciation so the 200 will not fetch 15k uve got to remember that if u spec your car to 19k it makes no difference when depreciation hits.

RS200
Right i dont think famguy will take it as me being offensive, if you read the posts you will see that he hasnt checked pistonheads to check prices and i just wanted to give him a few facts as i spend alot of time looking on there. Again if you read the posts i was only giving examples which were all on topic unlike most of this thread.
What ever you think seb im not looking to upset him nor anyone else.

On another note, Gally i just had a call from the place with the FRS, if i pay asking price of 24k they would give me 15k for mine.....im so tempted but i dont wanna sign up for finance and i already dont get the most out of my car, yet.

hahahaha so you are tempted to throw the clio!! if i was you i would be seriously tempted! if its in white as well... tasty. as u can tell by this thread i can make what may seem like stupid impulse decisions on cars so dont listen to me lol

Basically i love the frs but i have not driven one yet. Also my car is perfect for me to begin my journey on learning to handle these types of cars before i move to the next one. I also wouldnt swap mine yet as its going to be cracking in the summer.
Frs to insure is arout 1500 with 3 30 yos on my policy. For a little more money there is also the caymen but im 22 (in 2 day)s and wanna chav it up first whilst i can :p
ya i knew you felt like that dude but nevermind i spose admin needs to keep a check on things. Belt n braces.