ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Google Nexus 7 or Samsung Galaxy tab 2

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Nexus.

Why?

Because it's Nexus - aka "google experience" and runs a stock android that is provided by google.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
nothing wrong with either. depends if you want hdmi out, sd card expansion etc. nexus is very good but not very flexible if you want those things

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
If you want cheap the Playbook is pretty good. £119 for 64GB of storage and HD playback. Kindle and Kobo available on it and its a really solid unit. Web browsing is good too....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Out of the box they dont compare. You may well be able to get the Tab to run JB eventually but out of the box the nexus is the best android tablet in existence.

If you want cheap the Playbook is pretty good. £119 for 64GB of storage and HD playback. Kindle and Kobo available on it and its a really solid unit. Web browsing is good too....

Its cheap, thats about it. Massively s**t device.

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Out of the box they dont compare. You may well be able to get the Tab to run JB eventually but out of the box the nexus is the best android tablet in existence.

Its cheap, thats about it. Massively s**t device.

Why you say that out of interest?

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
I beg to differ....at its original £599 I agree, it would not have had a leg to stand on against the Ipad, however at £129 for a device that can playback HD video, record HD video, pick up email and browse the web on with a very well put together OS? Oh and chuck in 64GB of onboard storage.
The app support is limited yes, but side porting Android apps has alleviated some of that, and TBH most of the apps just front end web functionality which you can access via the browser anyway. Its also more portable that the Ipad....

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I beg to differ....at its original £599 I agree, it would not have had a leg to stand on against the Ipad, however at £129 for a device that can playback HD video, record HD video, pick up email and browse the web on with a very well put together OS? Oh and chuck in 64GB of onboard storage.
The app support is limited yes, but side porting Android apps has alleviated some of that, and TBH most of the apps just front end web functionality which you can access via the browser anyway. Its also more portable that the Ipad....

i agree, at current pricing the playbook is a superb piece of kit.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
How? I'm surprised at you given your penchant for cheap android tablets.

It's garbage. Proof of the pudding is its not even selling at £100 let alone £600

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
My mate has suggested the playbook but wasn't that outdated as soon as it came out years ago?

No the first revisions of the playbook OS had serious limitations for picking up email etc (needed to tether a blackberry). That has since been resolved, and if you want a device for video playback, email and internet you wont get anything better for the money. Despite what certain people who have never likely had one say on here.
The playbook is also still on Blackberry's roadmap for BB10.

Gaming any good on them? Don't want to decide to play a game and its utterly dogshite. Would get a larger tablet but a 7" one would be perfect to put in one of my pockets while I'm on a job

fulhamfcboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Laguna V6 and 19 16v
Gaming any good on them? Don't want to decide to play a game and its utterly dogs**te. Would get a larger tablet but a 7" one would be perfect to put in one of my pockets while I'm on a job

Theres not that many games, but need for speed, angry birds etc are all available and are the same experience as in the Ipad....

Clio 172
hmv are selling off a archos 101 G9 for £150.. i decided to get one and must say im really impressed!

1.5ghz multicore and 1gb RAM but it only has 8gb of memory, it does have a micro sd slot tho so its all good :)

Great piece of kit for the money but does feel a little "plasticy" and cheap

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
That's bordering on insane when the Nexus 7 is so closely priced. But you saved £19, so it's not all bad.