ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Goosed alternator?

Black/Gold 182 ff
driving home from work today got the stop and battery light on so I pulled over as soon as it was safe was a smoking from the bonnet near the drivers front headlight and a strange smell I'm guessing my alternator has gone? The car has no power what so ever can't lock the drivers door and the window was down so can't shut that either :dapprove:

275 Trophy
You should have still enough charge in the battery to close the window and lock the door. Something else happening here I think. The smell could of been the belt slipping and burning which could mean your alternator bearing has seized. How long did you drive with the warning lights on?

Black/Gold 182 ff
Not far along the road just till it was safe enough to pull over a few hundred yards maybe it looked to be coming from the alternator as it was smoking from it and was quite a bit heat coming from it

Black/Gold 182 ff
Someone came and a look today and put a booster pack on electrics came back on looking at getting a new alternator and the aux belt done now :-/

Black/Gold 182 ff
Hopefully pal my mate is coming to remove the alternator and have a good look at it as I had work today so hopefully get sorted with it

Black/Gold 182 ff
So will need the full kit to replace the alternator yeah? I was just going to get a belt :-/