ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GOT A VALVER............WOOHOO

Finally got a clio 16valve after years of torment with the rt! Got it today, it is a 95 m reg, nay blue. speedline williams (but silver) wheels. Apart from that its standard, so far. Anyone know how much a hill power induction kit would cost fitted, and is there the best around for the valver? wats ur views on de cat pipes?

f**kin hell every boy racer on the planet now wants to take me on, already raced an astra gsi. Had its pants down, it was wicked. Really impressed by the performance!

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Arent u gonna change ur car in the profile then? ;)

I love the attention from other keen drivers, beat a R19 16v on the way home just now. Plus the 16v is pretty much top of the quick (not rapid) hatch league, so anything sporty will recieve a beating.

The standard air box is best for performance, but if u want the induction roar dont go K&N, get sommat which wont murder accelaration!

Bet it feels great dont you just love the looks and attention you get, i know i do when i take the other half 16v out cant wait to see what happens in the williams, look forward to seeing you meets in the future.

Clare

The best thing about the valver is the feeling when youve not long had it, really excited, wanna drive it everywhere, you know what Im on about...well that feeling never goes!

Ive had mine for 7months and it still puts a smile on my face everytime I climb into the drivers seat.

I was so so so so close to getting one but then the bank balence dictated an RSI was af far as I could go :(

Still it can kill most warm hatchs

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Where u get it from i saw one for sale somewhere the other week with silver speedlines....?

Quote: Originally posted by Tom_16v on 04 April 2003

Ive had mine for 7months and it still puts a smile on my face everytime I climb into the drivers seat.
Ive had mine well over a year now and I feel exactly the same! Renault just got it right with the Valver I reckon!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Quote: Originally posted by Mikey16vClio on 05 April 2003

RSI = quicker than a VTR! :D

16v = slightly slower than VTS! :mad:
bollox. I have video evidence of my car pushing a 106GTI (chipped,zorst,filter) down the dual carrageway up to 130mph. I was closing fast expecially after 70mph. People at RR have seen this vid.

106gti has as far as i know same engine in VTS.

I wouldnt say either is faster than the other as a generalisation. But I reckon the 16v and VTS/106 GTi are very well matched. The Valver wins on top end, overtaling and looks though.