ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got Colour Coded *Pic Heavy*

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Ok managed to get it done yesterday finally getting matching paint :)
maybe needs another coat later in week of laquer didnt seem to coat to well. but think it looks sexhy! Bumper Strips Door Handles and Wigmirrors All Matching.

So Off come rear Badges

29052008144-1.jpg

29052008145-1.jpg

Then Bumper Strips And Mirrors

04062008164.jpg

Comments Welcome :star:

Maxx

Badges Painted

02062008158.jpg

Then After Alot of Painting and Fighting with such thngs

04062008163.jpg

04062008161.jpg

The End Results
04062008168.jpg

04062008165.jpg

04062008167.jpg

04062008170.jpg

04062008169.jpg

C

clvs2222

god effort mate, looks a tidy job. cant believe you did that in one day though! im in the middle of doing mine now, its taken me 2 days already and i aint layed down any laquer yet.

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
it wa a real sunny day lol and alot of it was ready primered so was just a case of spray spray spray and laquer ....gonna give it another spraying next week just let worn onto the car first.

172 cup
Nice one max I like :)

You can help me do mine now cant you?????

Were the door handles and wing mirrors hard to remove?

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
wing mirros are easy door handles are a c..t but iv done 2 il be orite doing more lol :)

yer weneva ya free its fine :)

Suzuki Ignis Sport
They can't have dried properly if u did it in a day....

Color looks a good match tho

172 cup
wing mirros are easy door handles are a c..t but iv done 2 il be orite doing more lol :)

yer weneva ya free its fine :)

you free tonight????? lol..... I need to get the stuff first, I so slack with getting my a** into gear.

Looks good, in the pic where the colour coded strips are on theres patches at the top, is that just the camera or is that plastic showing through?

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
its the camera i checked and there fine they will get another coat i agree but i just wanted them on the car they looked so nice lol :) and its so hard finding paint for a 98 Mk2 !!! got it mixed in the end.

yer wot time u thinking laura??

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Sanded them ages ago and theve been primered for a while so just sprayed straight over after that...the finsh is fine they just need another touch up coat and a coat of laquer....just rushed to get them on really....

Suzuki Ignis Sport
If they're rushed they can't be that good a quality.

I learned from my mistakes of rushing a paint job, but when i took my time, i was really chuffed and happy with the end results.

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Mine maybe are slighlty rushed and maybe wont last aslong as they could but they should do me upto FCS and they look good for now...il give them another coat next week and mite even sand them down again and primer them up...

Chocolate Bar™
god effort mate, looks a tidy job. cant believe you did that in one day though! im in the middle of doing mine now, its taken me 2 days already and i aint layed down any laquer yet.

its definitely possible if you've bought the right stuff. conventional stuff from halfords and the like would mean at least a couple of days.

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
not halfrauds crap....mixed to match car colour and its mixed with laquer soits lasted the few days and its all fine :) just gnna top up a laquer coat next week.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How hard is it getting the rubbing strips on the side off? Im going to take them off and wash behind them, i dare say they will look dirty behind it???

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
yer losing lights hopefully soon...

strips come of easy open door and back ones just slide off and thers a screw inside the door undo that then front ones take sum force but they slide off.

jamescolli

ClioSport Club Member
looks awesome maxx you have given me some inspiration
how hard was it to take the wing mirrors off??
and did you do the badges yourself??
cheers