ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grand Prix: The Killer Years

Goes to show the massive changes that have happened over the years. Early F1 drivers were truly a different breed to go out on track with the horrendous odds of a fatality stacked against them.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
3.40 in that guy melted in his car and quite shocking that Jackie Stewart taped a spanner to his steering wheel incase he crashed,after being left for half an hr after one particular crash...

Thanks for posting turkish.Great watch,things have certainly moved on...

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Watched it last night. Very good watch.
Can't believe those that took the piss out of Jackie Stewart for wanting all these safety features.

Craig.M

ClioSport Club Member
  Valver, Octavia vRS
good watch that, like you's have said the early f1 drivers must have had massive balls
and that vid of the marshall being cut in half is horrific

Mk1 MX-5 (x3), Westy
Was a great program - I didn't realise there were so many deaths in F1 at that point... scary stuff.

PH1 iceburg
Watched it last night. I found it really emotional. There was a crash at the end, a car was upside down on flames and another driver stopped and was trying to turn the car over on his own. You could see the desperation as he was watching the driver burn to death and the marshalls did nothing.

chumpmobile
Watched it last night. I found it really emotional. There was a crash at the end, a car was upside down on flames and another driver stopped and was trying to turn the car over on his own. You could see the desperation as he was watching the driver burn to death and the marshalls did nothing.

this you mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
  Trophy 426 & Willy 3
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1l40f_f1-tom-pryce-fatal-crash_shortfilms

yes that marshall does get cut in half. the driver (Tom Pryce) then proceeds to die also as the fire extinguisher the marshall was holding decapitates him. horrific

unbelievable program, shocking and very moving. Tom Pryce was from the town where I live and unknowingly when to view his parents house, which was filled with memorabilia, and on asking if he was an F1 / motorsport fan he told me the story, very proud parents who were clearly still missed him. Very sad....