ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greenstuff or DS2500?

BMW M135i
Changing the standard pads on the 172 for some uprated ones, had greenstuff on the 1.6 and was quite impressed with them over the mintex extremes I tried and definetly better than standard.

Was going to go greenstuff again but was wondering if the DS2500s were worth a look?

Car won't ever see a track and I don't tend to really hammer the brakes very often but the greenstuffs were better over standard all round so i'm not going for standard. Will be using them with brembo HC discs.

Obviously don't want a pad that is crap from cold as I found the greenstuffs to be fine in that respect but don't know what to expect from the fedoros?

clio 200 F4Rt
DS2500 are the better pad for stopping power, although the low dust of the EBC green stuff is also nice!

either way you will have a better pad than standard, and seeing as your not a track fiend, either should do the job!

Clio 197
My front DS2500s lasted me 50k+

(then the car as sold with life still left in the pads).

Gut wrenching stopping power once warm enough. Just as good as std pads when cold. BEST thing I bought for my 182.

For some reason, the rears didn't last that long at all... but they were brilliant for handbrake turns (once warm).

I've not had any experience with the greenstuff pads.

M2 Competition
Stock? Certainly not superb. Other than cost why fit stock when you can have much better brakes just by changing the pads edde?

Go for the ds2500's.

CB600FS
Peperami I reckon edde means the standard clio brakes are good to most other cars standard. Obviously uprated are better pads stopping power but the standard clio brakes are miles miles better than say a 206 or any other hot hatch.

H22A7 Accord Type R
ive heard good things about the 2500s, and intend on getting them for the Accord soon, as my mintex ones just go soft when the going gets tough.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Had DS2500's great stopping power but a bit squeaky when cold. Wouldn't put me off using them again though.

Cup'd Monaco 172
Stock are crap. Fade just driving to work.

DS2500's are probably better then greens, but are they more expensive?

Plus greens maybe good enough for your needs

VaVa
Same as^^

EBC greens are ok, but i wouldn't put them much, if at all, above stock pads. Little or no dust though, which is important to some.