ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

grinding noises and some squeaking under the car after a thrash

Ph2 Flamer
Hi

Basically I thrashed the car home a few weeks back down some winding lanes and by the end of it on deceleration it was squealing / grinding in the middle of the car to the extent that i could feel it through the pedals. Two weeks of motor way commuting later and no probs at all. Thrashed it down the same set of lanes this evening (bit of a friday night treat before the pub) and the same noise appears at the end of the run.

Wondering if its the drive shaft or cv joints etc. Any suggestions of a best place to start testing / looking appreciated.

Last car which was a 1.4 clio had a similar noise coming out of it but isolated the n/s cv joint but never felt the noise/vibration through the pedals.

Car is 83,000 miles mk2ph2 172 ff

Tango'd PB 1.2 16V
Squeaking is probably driveshaft.
Jack it up, take wheel off and spin the disc to see if it still squeals.

Mine's doing the same thing, but to be fair i thrash it everywhere cause its only a 1.2.
Just ordered a new driveshaft, but theres also a grinding noise that i'm not sure where its from. Hopefully it'll kill 2 birds with one stone.