ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Grip problems.

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi Guys,
Dont know if anyone else is having this problem or it is common. Basically when i have my steering in full lock ( parking etc..) the front wheels do not turn smoothly, its almost if they are being dragged sideways. You can kind of hear the tyres kind of scraping on the ground. Hard to explain really. Checked tread and tyres are fine. Just wondering that it just may be the time of the year and general road conditions?
Any input on this is much appreciated.

RenaultSport clio 182
sorry forgot to include it happens when the car is moving!! Above post sounds like it happens when it is stationary!!

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Had mine a month or so and it does same on full lock, depending on road surface. Experienced this before on other cars so didn't worry me too much.

172cup
yup mine done this. Initially i took it to renault and they ajusted the front struts positioning by 2-3mm. Didn't slide or knock as much afterwards.

My solution came when i crashed it though. I Smashed it into a kerb about 60mph. Took the driveshafts out, turned the wishbones 90 degrees, smashed the ball joints etc etc.

Got the driveshafts reconditioned, bought new wishbones, new ball joints.... has never driven so smoothly, turned so sharply, or gone through tires to quickly lol