ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GROUP B I know I know SFW!

182cup & 172 racecar
Don't care if it's a repost tbh.

Just turn it up...LOUD!!

Last edited by a moderator:
  182cup & 172 racecar
It's about the only thing that makes me feel under 20 again.

​And I have driven a 6R4, Tony Ponds one. I consider myself very lucky.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
shame they was stopped down to death rates :(
back then rallies - proper hands on control all focused on the driver.
now rallies- paddle shift crap and small engines

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
WRC cars are actually faster than the group B cars were,
purely down to brake and suspension technology, although they sound sh*t in comparison.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
There's no doubt that modern WRC cars can and do match the times set by group B cars but.. th........

fall-asleep-gif.gif

Group B > Modern crap.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Opel manta.. Loved only due to my ex dad hill climbing and rallying 1.. Seen a lot of these cars on Friday at the p.o.p due to the wrc stand being there..

Will post some pictures up..

Cup In bits
Best sounds to ever come out a forest.

Quatro's are just amazing, my landlord where I rent a unit has both a SWB quatro and a 6R4, lucky c**t.

Love the 6R4! In desperate need of a turbo to compete with the T16 and S4 in the group B days. So lucky to drive one though. Memory forever I suppose!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
Brings back great memories, nice find Tony.

i have a mate who has a 6R4 tucked in the garage, and I know of a couple of RS200's tucked away aswell.
Saying that, Rob Pollock competes in Time Attack in a 6R4 even now :)

Wish i was around when the Group B era was, would be spectating whenever i could! Such awesome machines :rasp: Still see a few 6r4's at the rallys i go to which is good. Malcolm wilson took an S1 Quattro around croft a few years ago and that was epic to hear/see! The WRC cars sound awesome but not as good as these monsters!