ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT3 RS 4.0 + angle

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Freelance rates for motoring journalism for smaller mags are normally around 200-300 quid a day IME, nothing thats ever going to make you rich, but like you say I'd imagine he commands a higher salary as he's one of the better ones and more well known ones.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I've always wondered what expenses they can claim back, for example tyre's after your cars been used on a feature track day or an article where you've drifted round the same corner 20 times for the photographer

Turbos.
Well, i guess he is self employed so he would claim back on a lot of stuff. It is, ultimately, his job. There is a conflict of interest...but i'm sure he has a good accountant ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Jesus. That's some numbers.

He could have got a Ferrari for that.

I never thought you would say something like that Revels. Mybe you haven't read much about Harris, he's have no power steering in it if he could.

he won't be on masses, i can re-assure you.
Journalism / editorial (from when he was on evo) in general does not pay that well, he may be on a half decent wage but it won't be anything crazy

I'm re-assured he does due to the fact he owns a 4.0 GT3 RS. I think the price of the car shows he must make a decent wedge. He'll be on good money, he's pretty much the most sought after motoring journo at the moment.

I really hope it's not long till we see a TV car show made for him and some colleagues.

If EVO had someone major behind them the viewers would be immense on TV.

He probably doesnt want one though, I'd sooner take the porsche personally over any ferrari in that sort of price range.

Indeed. As a "Slower" driver, i'm more an Aston man.

Last edited:
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Well, i guess he is self employed so he would claim back on a lot of stuff. It is, ultimately, his job. There is a conflict of interest...but i'm sure he has a good accountant ;)

Its raised his profile just owning the car too, so I think its a good decision in terms of how he markets himself as the ultimate petrolhead.

Who's views would most people sooner trust, him or clarkson? The car savvy niche of the public his features are aimed at would swing about 90% in his favour I would think.

I think he is doing a good job of building himself into a brand and its only a matter of time till its big enough that he ends up on TV where the real money is.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Like I said Chip. TV.

Does he have any PH threads for my perusal?

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I want to like him but I find he comes across as an utter bell end in everything he writes. Moreso now he's on PH.