ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
LOL at people getting upset.

Like some have said if you like the game go out and buy it. Dont sit online defending it.

If you dont like it then fair enough.

Either way I'll still purchase regardless of what views are available.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL. Those last few pages were a good read.

Here's another fact that's 'like, totally not a deal-breaker'...

The 200 Premium cars (LOL) will have Photo Mode.

The 800, EIGHT HUNDRED will not have full Photo Mode Fuctionality.

Also, I read that 72% of the cars in the game are carried over from GT4, and as we know, they don't feature full detail/interiors.

GT 4.5? In HD.

Can't change the rims on those 800 cars either. SRSly, they should have just only had the 200 cars. Now it just looks unfinished. How long do they need to complete a game? Like a hundred years?

Obviously I need to play the game to confirm this.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Really?! I thought you were joking when you said that, a few pages back. Jesus.

Not an issue over on GTPlanet, I imagine?

Early copies come with GT logo'd blinkers signed by kaz himself. Like I say I want the game to be good being a former GT fanboy myself but at the moment it's not looking promising.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Really?! I thought you were joking when you said that, a few pages back. Jesus.

Not an issue over on GTPlanet, I imagine?

Nothing phases those guys. Nothing.

But yeah, like I said yesterday, the 800 "Standard" cars are there to be raced only, with limited views. The "Premium" cars are allowed wheel swaps, as well as other cosmetic upgrades (or downgrades). They also have an interior view, which is a lovely addition, as a lot of racing games, excluding almost every other racing game in existence, don't have this feature...

EDIT : ...

It's not half complete, it's just that half of it is more complete than complete. That makes it the most complete racing game ever. 20% of the cars are 200% complete. I don't know what that makes the overall completion percentage, but I bet it's a lot. Plus, have you played it? No. How can you have an opinion? ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Do the 800 'Non-Premium' cars have wheels?

PMSL @ Non-Premium, too. It's a lovely way of saying 'unfinished'

"Sorry love, we knocked off a month early. Enjoy your Non-Premium conservatory"

I'm SRS though. They will literally have been copied and pasted. Or at least a program module containing the models will have been imported. They didn't start again when copying the old cars. The car list is about 3 years out of date anyway TBH.

I'll have to confirm this opinion after playing the game.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was bored.

I'll confirm this logo after playing the game.

b56943cd.png

Mito Sportiva 135
TBH though the number of cars doesn't matter anyway, I'd rather have 10 cars I could customise properly with decent physics, rather than 1000 cars I can't change much and don't drive well.

For example in a FPS, would you like them to offer 1000 similar guns or 100 guns with more differences, and ensure the rest of the game is excellent?

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
They also brought back a good old classic car, you know, copy & paste. Here is a screenshot

granturismo.jpg

I accuracy have to played confirm after having the game will.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
It's a shame, the game seems to get more disappointing the closer it gets to (the ever changing) release date.

Oh well, will still pre-order it, will still play it, will still try to enjoy. I'm going to reserve judgement on gameplay until I've played it, I'm funny like that. Sucks about views and rims though.

So if I play the game, will cockpit views become available for all cars?

BTW, nearly all the "Forza fanboys" as you call them in this thread, have said they're buying GT5. You know it is actually possible to have negative and positive views of things one owns, and things other people own.

That needs to be put on the forum's header banner. Although, I'm sure some members will find that's like saying cup owners might not always win in the twisties.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
^ Awesome, those graphics were amazing considering the era it came out in, so far ahead of it's time. My Brother and I always said they could never improve on those graphics . . . lol.

Listerine & Poledo
ok, here goes (again)

firstly, to get some attention to the post, we should all remewmber this tune, engrained upon our minds as various parts are bought to make that 200 SX a supercar-eater, with only a few hundred quid

SO.

Will there be the traditional GT tuning system, or are they binning it in favour of the gash "performance points" thing in prologue?

or should I ask

can I get an in-cockpit-view from an MX-5 if I add a stage 4 turbo to it and do stage 3 weight reduction?

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
ok, here goes (again)

firstly, to get some attention to the post, we should all remewmber this tune, engrained upon our minds as various parts are bought to make that 200 SX a supercar-eater, with only a few hundred quid

SO.

Will there be the traditional GT tuning system, or are they binning it in favour of the gash "performance points" thing in prologue?

or should I ask

can I get an in-cockpit-view from an MX-5 if I add a stage 4 turbo to it and do stage 3 weight reduction?

Great vid, mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ LOL ;)

There is a tuning system, yes. I've seen the pictures on a few GTP threads - there's uprated turbo's and LSD, 5 or 6 speed gearbox conversions etc. That was for a Skyline, IIRC.

Listerine & Poledo
^ LOL ;)

There is a tuning system, yes. I've seen the pictures on a few GTP threads - there's uprated turbo's and LSD, 5 or 6 speed gearbox conversions etc. That was for a Skyline, IIRC.

excelent.

The joys of tuning, without any of the embarrasment of owning it in the real world!

Listerine & Poledo
oh FFS.

so it's distinctly possible you cant get, say, a megane.

then get something cheap (like, maybe a corsa) to run some races in whilst you save for some coilovers.

then give up, sell them both and buy a Nissan 200SX?

I think this comment sums up the biased opinion of the gtplanet review thread

"almost forgotten in lights of news - there is no Rewind Thank you Kazunori-san"

Thanks for not including something? I know rewind is not to everyones liking but surely to include a feature and allow it to be turned off would be nice?