ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

Listerine & Poledo
This is the 1st time I've used the ps3 online and I gotta say the online side is shocking! Really badly thought out, yeah it's free but that doesn't help when you can't actually figure the fecking thing out.

Not turning this into an xbox VS ps3 thing as I'm sure we're all tired of that crap but Jesus XBL is miles ahead I think

It's not difficult, I've never had a problem understanding the workings of PSN, mind I've never used an X-Box, so I didn't have any expectations.

Listerine & Poledo
If the tuning side of the game is as little as they all say....then im already disapointed :(

tuning has always been a bolt-on for the game anyway, they haven't improved it but then, do they really need to?

Does every racing game NEED to give people the option of bolting horifica bodykits and sh1tty vinyls?

Leave Need For Speed for the Fast Car brigade, GT for the Evo readers

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
But tuning isn't "bolting on horrendous kits", is it?

If you're honest, they're are some areas that it doesn't feature than would make it so much better.

Aren't there less than ten sets of wheels? And no modification for the standard cars?

No excuses for that. None.

Hopefully, updates down the line might sort this?

Octy VRS
As I've posted before. Never played Forza and until recently have been playing GT4. The only comparison I can make is against Burnout/NFS games to which it completely overshadows.

I love it, felt right at home tuning the cars last night stage by stage. Little tweak here and there, filters, exhaust etc. Building it up gradually until I get more money. Can't complain about the graphics, too busy driving to notice but it does look good. Not tried online yet though.

Anyone else used the PS Eye? Works well I thought.

350z GT
Not bodykits per se.....But i would love to rip apart an engine on the game and fit it togetehr with uprated parts, add coilovers, strut braces, biggr brakes an lightweight wheels

i thought thats what we waited 6 years for??

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
It's not difficult, I've never had a problem understanding the workings of PSN, mind I've never used an X-Box, so I didn't have any expectations.

Maybe I'm missing something then. So if I'm in a lobby how can I invite someone?

On xbox its open friends list and invite player but I can't find it anywhere on psn

1.6 Ford Focus
Not bodykits per se.....But i would love to rip apart an engine on the game and fit it togetehr with uprated parts, add coilovers, strut braces, biggr brakes an lightweight wheels

I swear you can.

You can't see the parts going in but you can see strut braces and such in the turning section.

Im not sure where people are getting some of these ideas from, I fully kitted out a Vitz Yaris last night so I could win the compact and Vitz races without any effort. I put stage 3 turbo, strut braces, tyres, brakes etc. on it.

350z GT
I swear you can.

You can't see the parts going in but you can see strut braces and such in the turning section.

Im not sure where people are getting some of these ideas from, I fully kitted out a Vitz Yaris last night so I could win the compact and Vitz races without any effort. I put stage 3 turbo, strut braces, tyres, brakes etc. on it.

Thats good then, like i said i dont know as havent bought it yet...just trying to ask people who have lol :)

cheers

Citroen DS3 DSport
Can i ask what you were able to do to it in order to get it to 300??

cheers

Lots of things. Turbo units, suspension, air intake, tyres, brakes, remapped ecu, exhaust, lighter bodywork & windows, fully adjustable gearbox and several other adjustments.

Have to say im fairly dissapointed with this.

The biggest thing that has struck me is the amount of bugs and niggles. I thought the whole point of delaying it so many times was to fix these things.

To name a few gripes:
No proper logitech g25/27 support combined with a strange bug whereby the car rarely goes into 2nd gear when using the clutch and shifter.
The gt home screens have crashed on me a couple of times.
Screen tearing
About 3 hours into playing yesterday the engine sounds suddenly changed and now everything sounds 'rougher' - i've messed with every setting under the sun but it still does it.
The standard cars look awful and have been almost entirely lifted from GT3 it seems.

The whole thing just feels a bit unfinished which is the one thing i didnt expect from the GT series.

Maybe i've just been spoiled with forza and similar, but this is coming from a die-hard GT fan who only bought an xbox last year.

Listerine & Poledo
maybe

True about the wheels thing, even GT4 had more wheel options, although many were really nasty

No mods on standard cars? I thnk you'll find you can, I bolted a whole bunch of go-faster bits to my Silvia last night.

Unless you mean Bodykits, but that's "styling", and I guess a lot of the manufactureres would be against seeing their cars end up like a Max power cover-car

Listerine & Poledo

you can do the coilovers, strut braces and some lightening.

3/4 isn't so bad :)

1.6 Ford Focus
Thats good then, like i said i dont know as havent bought it yet...just trying to ask people who have lol :)

cheers

But btw, ive read brakes are not upgradable online...you saying they are?? :s lol

Im not sure about online, I haven't tried that much really.

I don't see why they wouldn't be though, the online mode is accessed through the career mode so im guessing you can use your career mode cars online. Don't take my word for that though, im more interested in the game itself instead of the online mode.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
maybe

True about the wheels thing, even GT4 had more wheel options, although many were really nasty

No mods on standard cars? I thnk you'll find you can, I bolted a whole bunch of go-faster bits to my Silvia last night.

Unless you mean Bodykits, but that's "styling", and I guess a lot of the manufactureres would be against seeing their cars end up like a Max power cover-car

But they're happy to let you do it to a Premium Car? Come on dude, stop kidding yourself. LOL.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Have to say im fairly dissapointed with this.

The biggest thing that has struck me is the amount of bugs and niggles. I thought the whole point of delaying it so many times was to fix these things.

To name a few gripes:
No proper logitech g25/27 support combined with a strange bug whereby the car rarely goes into 2nd gear when using the clutch and shifter.
The gt home screens have crashed on me a couple of times.
Screen tearing
About 3 hours into playing yesterday the engine sounds suddenly changed and now everything sounds 'rougher' - i've messed with every setting under the sun but it still does it.
The standard cars look awful and have been almost entirely lifted from GT3 it seems.

The whole thing just feels a bit unfinished which is the one thing i didnt expect from the GT series.

Maybe i've just been spoiled with forza and similar, but this is coming from a die-hard GT fan who only bought an xbox last year.

My thoughts exactly mate. I'm like you... bought every GT game going, over the years. If it wasn't GT, it could f*ck off. That was my opinion back then.

Sadly, things have changed.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You would have thought in the years that this has taken to release, it would be getting 10/10 etc.
That's the problem. Everyone should know that a long gestation period rarely make a game perfect, but for some reason people expect that? And getting upset because you can't change 'da rimz'? Come now kids, don't be silly;)

Evo 5 RS
Oh...so majority would agree if I said Forza 3 is far better? If it saves me 40 quid. I've got to be honest I didn't expect it to be better. I was just impressed with the car list (which I read months ago). Looking at the official line up - I couldn't give a toss really.

It does have weather effects though. lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That's the problem. Everyone should know that a long gestation period rarely make a game perfect, but for some reason people expect that? And getting upset because you can't change 'da rimz'? Come now kids, don't be silly;)

Taking that in isolation isn't the issue, you should know that. ;)

It's all the buggy little glitches, too.

Then I guess the fact they've had six years to port 800 cars from GT4 is the next major gripe. lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Oh...so majority would agree if I said Forza 3 is far better? If it saves me 40 quid. I've got to be honest I didn't expect it to be better. I was just impressed with the car list (which I read months ago). Looking at the official line up - I couldn't give a toss really.

It does have weather effects though. lol

I think Forza is vastly better. It handles like it should and you can customise the cars FAR more. Engine swaps, drivetrain swaps, wheels, bumpers etc etc. I don't even use the paint editor or the bodykits really, but they're there.

In Ultimate Edition form, it has 800+ cars all with interior viewpoints and in decent detail.

It looks far worse than GT's Premium cars, but everyone knows that already. All IMO, anyway.

Listerine & Poledo
But they're happy to let you do it to a Premium Car? Come on dude, stop kidding yourself. LOL.

I know, i know.

ultimately, the game is flaxed because you cant take a 172 and stick a V6 replica kit on it.

or turn an MR2 into a 355

shame, SHAME on PD

I'm still more concerned over the lack of brake upgrades although, to be fair, they've only ever had "racing brake" upgrades anyway IIRC, and that wont be enough for some people

"I want better pads and discs only"
"i want 4-pot upgrades"
"I want a sodding unicorn"

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm guessing you meant 'flawed' rather then 'flaxed'? ;)

I think you're getting hung up on that point. There's issues far more worthy of outrage than the lack of any customisation on Standard cars.

I don't think people are asking too much to want to upgrade the brakes. When a game claims to be as complete as GT5 does, you expect it.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm dreading playing Forza 3 at the mo.. I think it's a good thing I haven't played it for a while :p

I'm still enjoying GT5 though, it feels like GT of old, which is no bad thing (imo)

We've been spoilt with F3 :p

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm dreading playing Forza 3 at the mo.. I think it's a good thing I haven't played it for a while :p

I'm still enjoying GT5 though, it feels like GT of old, which is no bad thing (imo)

We've been spoilt with F3 :p

LOL. It looks like a Saturn game compared to a Premium car, mate. But you soon adjust.

Standard car vs. Forza: Forza actually looks better.

Certainly reading comments on here and other forums it appears that kaz perhaps got too bogged down in detail on some areas, was far too optimistic with what he could achieve vs his timescale, budget, staffing. Then is left in a position where he has to release when by the looks of it there's another 2 years work left to drag the areas where the game lacks up to the level of it's high points.

It is a real shame, I've read comments that kaz has said there will be lots of updates coming, if that's not an admission that he's not happy with it and it's an unfinished piece of software I'm not sure what is. I'll play it, make a judgement and perhaps keep an eye out to see what these updates consist of as and when they come.

Octy VRS
So, we've had a lot of moaning and comparisons in the last few pages. That's all well and good.

People who are actually playing this and enjoying it. What are you liking?

Also I've asked twice but my comments get lost in the sea of moan. Have people tried the PS Eye business? Anyone even tried 3D?

The sense of speed is quite well judged imo. Certainly in the premium cars, its easy to feel very 'involved' in the driving experience, especially when using a wheel.

As usual with GT the tracks are by and large fantastic, aside from the usual invisible brick wall 10ft from the edge of the road. Im personally well chuffed to see special stage route 5 make a return, being one of my favourite tracks from the early games.