ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

The Nurburgring is truly special, every little dimple, rut and camber can be felt:D

My Lotus Carlton is truly epic, really struggling to save at the moment as something comes up in the used car dealership and I just have to buy it. They may not look the prettiest but boy do they go:D

Octy VRS
Yeah, I did the AMG race then the Lupo one on the Ring earlier. I didn't come off once surprisingly. Love the Lupo with some mods.

I saw the Carlton and nearly bought it but will hold off until it comes round again, just about to get a B5 RS4 Avant in grey. Should be good with some tweaks.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
as your level 20, have you done the historic race car event on expert series??? dont know what car to use for this

thanks gazz
Actually, just read up. If you have a countach, mod it up and add the aero mods. People are winning with that.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Yeah I would like to know what these race mods actually do. Also do the aero parts make a difference then?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
Ive dobe it to my evo 8 £115k fully race specs it with bumpers,spoilers,graffics and all tuning items

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
lol yea it is a good race! i may do it again to raise some cash. how are you recording your vids mate?
i've got a Dazzle it records footage and it saves it on the PC, and then just use software to render and up load it onto YouTube

Octy VRS
Was thinking about it for the EK9, looks pretty cool with the minimal graphics, wheels and bonnet pins. Wondered if it changed what mods you already had on the car and just makes it a set model.

Petrol Blue 182.
i have shite cars tho! lol none that are needed for these races, how are you guys getting the money to purchase them? or are they from the used dealership?

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I want this setup :eek:

mg_5755.gif

E36 328
Um have I bought the same game as everyone else????

Every car sounds the same, like a scalextric car, wtf is going on when you hit something or someone???? do you just bop your head and carry on in real life? Theres no lift off oversteer at all, theres no feel to the steering, everything seems slow, everything is boring, theres no urgency to any part of the game.

It takes about 2 days to load a race, you have to press O then X to go back, whos f**king idea was that???? Why would I want to wash my car?????? It doesnt get dirty!!!
When I read that they had finally put damage in the game and people were talking about modifiying cars i thought they had reinvented gran turismo from being a s**tty 'driving simulator' to a really decent racing game that puts you on the edge of your seat but everything is way too civilised. Theyve managed to take one of the most exciting things in the world and turn it into something totally boring.

Waste of f**king money

edit: AND THE MUSIC??!?!?! THE MENU MUSIC!?! What the fuuuuuuccckkkkkkk who is this game aimed at????

Now thats what you call a playstation Rob!

Did the beginner FR races in my Lotus Carlton, whilst overpowered for the race it was very difficult as it likes to go everwhere sideways! A few choice mods were needed, soft sports tyres being the best!

350z GT
Lol did the American Muscle Car race in my Viper '99 GTS

That car just wants to go sideways everywhere :S have to be so gentle with the throttle lol Golded both though :p

1.6 Ford Focus
Lol did the American Muscle Car race in my Viper '99 GTS

That car just wants to go sideways everywhere :S have to be so gentle with the throttle lol Golded both though :p

Funny enough I bet my Buick Special can beat the Viper, it was thrashing all the old lambos in the classic supercar race.

Fiesta ST-2
Maybe your tv speakers are naff? I can clearly hear the differences in engine noises and as for lack of feel, are you using a wheel or pad? Agree with the menu p**n music comment though.

Every car sounds the same, like a scalextric car, wtf is going on when you hit something or someone???? do you just bop your head and carry on in real life? Theres no lift off oversteer at all, theres no feel to the steering, everything seems slow, everything is boring, theres no urgency to any part of the game.

It takes about 2 days to load a race, you have to press O then X to go back, whos f**king idea was that???? Why would I want to wash my car?????? It doesnt get dirty!!!
When I read that they had finally put damage in the game and people were talking about modifiying cars i thought they had reinvented gran turismo from being a s**tty 'driving simulator' to a really decent racing game that puts you on the edge of your seat but everything is way too civilised. Theyve managed to take one of the most exciting things in the world and turn it into something totally boring.

Waste of f**king money

edit: AND THE MUSIC??!?!?! THE MENU MUSIC!?! What the fuuuuuuccckkkkkkk who is this game aimed at????

Listerine & Poledo

Waste of f**king money

I agree that the car wash looks quite pointless, unless there's sticky dirt on the rally sytages, altough I'll bet it'd only affect premium cars.

but as for "all sound the same", have you just bought 4 different skylines? there is a noticeable differnce.

RE: Handling - try doing some set-up changes? besides, lift-off oversteer is for front-drive girls, why p1ss about with girly hot hatches when there's a plethora of rear-drive sports out there! I find I've had to tune out painful levels of understeer... typically with more throttle!

GT is still better than Forza or NFS or any of the other cartoon-racing sims out there, so what if you cant plaster OZ and NOZ stickers all over your cars, maybe polyphony agreed with the manufacturers that you couldn't turn every car into some embarassing F&F wannabe? If I was in charge of Ferrari marketing I know I'd swiftly put a stop to that! Civilised? That's a bad thing?

The menu music for GT has always been a bit...... special. Still, makes it better than the usual emo-thrash on NFS or whatever anyway.

Dont get me wrong, this game has plenty of faults, not least being that it took 5 years to arrive without doing anything truily remarkable, but it's still the best out there of this sub-genre.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I bought a CUDA for the classic yank one! FFS! Only 4 gears! That car ended up costing me 100,000Cr to win!!! Pain in the ass!!!!!!

Listerine & Poledo
I bought a CUDA for the classic yank one! FFS! Only 4 gears! That car ended up costing me 100,000Cr to win!!! Pain in the ass!!!!!!

Special Buick is all you needed, bad luck.

6-speeder with 600 brake (when blown)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The bloke has a point, the sound is horrific.

It also needs the wheel to be enjoyable. Says a lot about the physics.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't start this. People like both games.

But not even the most diehard GT fan (Hi) can excuse some of the issues GT5 has.

You only need to look at the reviews.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Well i like GT5, i played it for 4hrs last nite without even noticing! And missed 2 of her calls...She's moaning now! Silly trout.

Listerine & Poledo
Don't start this. People like both games.

But not even the most diehard GT fan (Hi) can excuse some of the issues GT5 has.

You only need to look at the reviews.

I agree, to an extent.

If it was brought out 3 years ago then we wouldn't have as many people complaining, it's all about the hype and expectations.

I just looked at it as another gran turismo, expecting no more than that, and I wasn't disappointed... .except for the lack of MX-3's, FRP's, XR4x4's etc.

Although it must mean somehting that I've already started playing Fallout NV again!

Petrol Blue 182.
pmsl i just read that to my misses1! she told me to delte you ali for calling your girlfriend a trout lol!

with regards to forza/ gt5, the only reason i bought a ps3 was for gt5, (3years ago i may add), and yeah 6 years in development is pretty bad for the results weve been given, but its still an epic game tbh. i have forza aswell, and tbh i dont play it that often, have been a ps man since the psone, and i dont think thats gna change. and i guess its the same for the xbox boys, just vice versa.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
pmsl i just read that to my misses1! she told me to delte you ali for calling your girlfriend a trout lol!

with regards to forza/ gt5, the only reason i bought a ps3 was for gt5, (3years ago i may add), and yeah 6 years in development is pretty bad for the results weve been given, but its still an epic game tbh. i have forza aswell, and tbh i dont play it that often, have been a ps man since the psone, and i dont think thats gna change. and i guess its the same for the xbox boys, just vice versa.

Hater!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I agree, to an extent.

If it was brought out 3 years ago then we wouldn't have as many people complaining, it's all about the hype and expectations.

I just looked at it as another gran turismo, expecting no more than that, and I wasn't disappointed... .except for the lack of MX-3's, FRP's, XR4x4's etc.

Although it must mean somehting that I've already started playing Fallout NV again!

Agreed.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
You see, this is why I don't follow reviews, I like to form my own opinion. And tbh, I take it for what it is... GT. And I think it's very good, yes there's a few problems, and it's not as pick up and lose an evening like f1. But it is pretty good, and I can quite easily get on with it rather than dwell on a few minor issues (although NASCAR is PROPER s**t!!).

Chesh should have just bought the game he really wanted... NFS!!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
There's been a few games where you can upload games onto YouTube. I believe in the near future every game will have this facility.

I'll be on tonight for w few good races. If you havn't got me feel free to add me.