ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

1.6 Ford Focus
There's been a few games where you can upload games onto YouTube. I believe in the near future every game will have this facility.

I'll be on tonight for w few good races. If you havn't got me feel free to add me.

Yeah I loved the feature in Just Cause 2.

I heard rumers a while back that there was going to be a PS3 recording option instead of in the actual game itself.

Golf GTi Mk2
Going to go buy it in a few hours, got nothing else to do this weekend :p

I bought it about an hour ago, approx 14 mins left on the install, for the last 10 mins, this is gonna be looooooong.

Add me people, gt = duddery

I realise i'm not cs clique certified but i'll have you a decent race.

Last edited:
  Clio 172 Cup
When does the AI get any better??

Currently level 16, just done Lupo GTi Cup, in 03 Lupo GTi Cup Car (J), never added anything, standard as it came.

Tweaked the suspension height, camber etc just before race. I done a 8:53.819 over 45 seconds quicker then the AI.

The game so far has been piss easy, even the license tests.

Petrol Blue 182.
have you added me? :S I haven't figured that bit out yet! I think my gamertag thing is just Ajrmotorsport...Try that! Also how do i know if i've been added??

she ment off here! no not added you yet mate, i will tho later, youll get a message wen ur on saying that i want to add you, and you just gota accpet

GT is still better than Forza or NFS or any of the other cartoon-racing sims out there, so what if you cant plaster OZ and NOZ stickers all over your cars, maybe polyphony agreed with the manufacturers that you couldn't turn every car into some embarassing F&F wannabe? If I was in charge of Ferrari marketing I know I'd swiftly put a stop to that! Civilised? That's a bad thing?

You're either trolling or have spent no time playing Forza. To mention it in the same breath as NFS makes it all the more obvious. GT5 a proper sim? can you adjust tyre pressures? erm no, do you get tyre temps at multiple points across the tyre width so you can actually set the suspension up correctly for various tracks? no. I won't go on any further than that for now but that's just a snap shot of the things Forza has over GT. The omission of a livery editor cannot be argued using the justification a group of knobs will make chav chariots. They may well do but who cares that's their choice, it doesn't mean you have to. GT not having it means you also don't get the wealth of user created race and rally car reps which adds to the experience rather than a field full of cars in factory colours.

Is there a basic tuning guide? I set my lotus carlton up last night (stuff like camber, toe in) based on some simple F1 knowledge and it improved it massivly but I know theres a lot more to come?

Golf GTi Mk2
Ok, so i've played for a couple of hours now, bought an mx5 (resisted the ek9), first impression, feels very slow, like snails pace slow, but i can forgive that as its early in the game, all good things etc etc, steering feels vague but again i've not performed any mods to the mx5 so maybe that will improve, but my biggest bug bear, brakes, no feeling of progressive braking, they're either on and your locked up sliding straight on, or you hardly pull the trigger and might as well not bother with them. Is that a pad issue? Does using a wheel/pedal setup improve that as its really a problem for me.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Any advice how to make my driver not shite?

Just pererveer (sp?)

Mine was awful for the first 2 races and then he got a lot better. I've now raced 6, won 4.

For the first couple i had him in a spoon dc2 and then i changed to a toyota FT-86 concept car that i'd won and he started winning.

You need to remember to keep the cars though instead of selling them when you've finished with them in A-spec as you'll need them for your B-spec career.... I found out the hard and costly way!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The forza comparisons are tedious. It's all just opinion. I don't like forza. At all. Doesn't make it a bad game.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i'm going to have a few games on MW2 with alymac, but i'll have a few games well races later on tonight before i get too tired.

Qualo Dredz

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've got abit more time to myself this weekend so i'll be doing a couiple of vids and try myself on doing some pics, need more pracice on the pics abit too complicated for me

Yep my only job this weekend is to clean the oven and watch the ice melt...

And spend some qualo time with the playstation.

I have lol, chopping board clamped to table via a 6 inch G clamp. Chopping board juts out a foot and I sit lower down on a bean bag so it all works good so far!

Last edited:
I have lol, chopping board clamped to table via a 6 inch G clamp. Chopping board juts out a foot and I sit lower down on a bean bag so it all works good so far!

lol, "ballin" although I'm surprised a tube of no more nails or a hammer wasn't involved.

172//Crap Micra//Bus
700+ BHP SV and Time Trial at Nurberg?! Dont even bother, not even on Race tyres. It WILL kill you, then eat you!!

And if you survive long enough, the 208mph corner near the end will Definatly finish you!!

Last edited:
  C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
Re: GT5 - GT's New Official Wheel!

Sorry if this is a repost

500volante.jpg

thrustmaster500volante1.jpg

Main:
•Realistic steering wheel
•30cm in diameter with brushed metal radio stations.
•Authentic levers sequential gearbox polished metal.
Force Feedback:
•Accurate Technology HallEffect Thecnology HEART
•Ultra wheel, with resolution of 16 bits (65,536 values in the address)
•Industrial motor force feedback (150 mNm torque, 3000 rpm, 65 W, 52mm)
•Powerful Force Feedback rapid response t
•Plug motor drive
•Mechanisms with large double straps
•Adjustable angle of rotation up to 1080º (3 full turns)
Pedals:
•With 2 locations to choose from (mounted: F1 or suspended: GT)
•Metal pedals, high stability and resistance
•Weight 7 Kg approximately
•3 adjustable pedals both in space and height
•Brake pedal and adjustable enhanced resistance
•Textured metal footrest grid

Set to take on the G2x wheels.... Will no doubt be expensive..... WANT!!

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
700+ BHP SV and Time Trial at Nurberg?! Dont even bother, not even on Race tyres. It WILL kill you, then eat you!!

And if you survive long enough, the 208mph corner near the end will Definatly finish you!!

pmsl

Have any of you Floored it from stand still in a standard ZR1..... With Traction Control Off................. :eek: ? The car is a bloody beast... All it done was wheel spin into a wall!

Clio 172 Cup
I feel well and truly conned, Mini 1.3i Cooper is classed as German, not British!! Just spent a few quid on it for the British Classic Race!!!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I feel well and truly conned, Mini 1.3i Cooper is classed as German, not British!! Just spent a few quid on it for the British Classic Race!!!

Piss take as it classes the New BINI as a British car and i hate to brake the news but its german! they have it the wrong way round

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
The ai is fuvking retarded on this game. I played grid a lot and they never repeatedly smashed in to me. This is gt2 ai.