ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT5

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The update is awesome! Has remedied the most annoying fault. Complete a race, having to then go back into the race menu and restart if you wanted to. Now you can just redo the race in te post race menu.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i think this GT5 is the best yet, have to say i'm impressed by those inside pics.

Audi TT 225 Quattro
just done the update and got loads of free stuff:cool:

looked in the new online car market and see the FGT for 4.9 mil, bought it and now left with 690,559 cr lol :dapprove: on the plus side i can now finish the extreme events then on to endurance......

Audi TT 225 Quattro
most of whats been changed/added :

Update Notice (1.05)

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

Online Dealership
An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the used car dealership.

Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the open lobby or my lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.

Driving Distance and Number of wins in Online Races
The driving distance and number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in Open lobby or My lounge will now affect your stats in Profile and the Garage. Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within GT Life

Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in Both A-Spec and B-Spec in GT mode- GT Life have been increased for a limited time only. This applies until the end of January 2011. This is a great chance for those who were previously have difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

Race Information Display
Is now available in the Start-Quick Options. You can also see this in Race Display in Options.

Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details please refer to the in-game Manual

Personal BGM (menu)
From [options]-[hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the Personal BGM (menu). This can also be accessed from the Music Library within GT Mode.

Car Name Change
The official name of the "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010"

Integration within the website
THe main features within GT Mode - Community can now be accessed through the "Gran-Turismo.com Official Website.

Important Note
We have made improvements to the Log within GT Mode - Community section,
in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.

Some contents of the update will not be applied unless you sign into the Playstation Network when you play the game.

2014 Focus Titanium
I must admit I'm pretty impressed with all these updates coming out so soon. I thought there would be 3 months between each!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i thought the points have gone up slightly, better for me even better when its on for another month n abit

What date did you put in?

Anyone done the Historic car race? Im using the Toyota 7 and just can't keep up with that jet car thing...

Make sure the chapparel 2J is toward the back of the field and block!!!

i'm still stuck on the Historic too and even the GT All Stars, still can't afford a racer. tried a few high powered cars but getting no where

The Race Modded corvette or the Mazda Furai will do the all stars just look on GTP for tunes

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
With the Toyota race car, you don't have to worry about the 2J! Even Bob the r****d finished 20s up the road.

Some of the gtplanet setups are a bit confusing to be honest, there's some that say suspension: max... Is that max lowered or max lifted?

Its alwasy best to go as low as the track will cope with. Lowering the height lowers the centre of gravity and reduces weight transfer through cornering. A smooth daytona or high speed ring circuit shoud enable you to slam the car height, but stiffen the springs and dampers to suit. As a rough rule of thumb set the dampers/springs to be stiffer on the engine side to cope with the extra weight.

A normal road track will require a slightly higher ride height to cope with the bumps and stuff and something like the nurburgring a fair bit higher still!

Lowering the ride height too much can cause the car to lose grip as it will bottom out or skip over the rack surface.

With these game saves now being able to be unlocked does this mean you'll be able to download a 100% game save with all the cars? As that would be dissapointing as I am loving the challenege but the thought of an easy win is always tempting lol!

2004 182FF
I got to level 20 and have been putting of doing B-Spec as I started it and realised you can't speed up time.

Anyway, just started doing it, up to level 6 now.

Is this driver a f**king idiot? Or drunk? Or both? Seriously.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Just started B-Spec and my driver is hopeless. Bounces off of every bloody wall and manages to finish last with ease!

DCi
i think i need to grind cash for the formula gran turismo car.

might see what i dont mind selling, dont fancy 100 laps of indianapolis tbh!
then i've got dream cars and a spec is done (until i unlock endurance?)
the only other races on my to do list are some of the AMG nurburgring stuff and the advanced rally.
then that leaves B spec but i cant really be arsed.

getting there though!

The last update increased the cash so grinding is now so much easier, should make 3 mill today:cool:

Don't know what it is with the japanese and their grinding, spent a fair few hours grinding on demons souls to level up! Must be an RPG type thing!

So bob failed like the wind in my race moddedd Corvette. So I gave him the Peugeot 908 hdi and he destroyed the competition on Dayton road but it was close at indy. Either way it won me a Toyota 7!

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Good way of making money, DTM race round the ring takes 7mins on the nose and its a great way of learning the track and you get 99,000 so do that 10 times your 990,000 easy money

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Good way of making money, DTM race round the ring takes 7mins on the nose and its a great way of learning the track and you get 99,000 so do that 10 times your 990,000 easy money

Or do the extreme USA oval race. Using the rm'd vette, takes 4mins, gets you 117k.

Octy VRS
I'm getting bored of spamming High Speed Ring in the Turbo race with the HPA R32. That gets 36K for roughly 3 minutes work. How much have rewards gone up by?

Octy VRS
What would be a decent motor to do GT World Championship, Gran Turismo All Stars and Polyphony Digital Cup? I assume one car could do the lot?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
What would be a decent motor to do GT World Championship, Gran Turismo All Stars and Polyphony Digital Cup? I assume one car could do the lot?

I think I used a rm vette, or the minolta Mazda (free when you win like the wind).