ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GTA IV Trailer... Not long now...

Octy VRS
I reckon you could be right there about Japan. There was the Yakusa gang in GTA2 so they could nod towards that, even use the character name Johnny Zoo.
In a recent email from Rockstar it included the words "Things will be different". I'm expecting something drastic, hopefully online and 2 player.

RB 200 Cup!
be cool if it wa set in japan or summat

although london would be better (even though they did it before but not in 3D)

visualize whirled pe
Good bit of marketing there. They know the game will be eagerly awaited. Somewhere in the world someone will be watching that counter 24-7, if I was in charge of the project I'd flash up a screen grab for one frame randomly every 24hrs or so.

If it is set anywhere I doubt it will be in a real life city and will be based on a location. I have a feeling it could even be a futuristic 'blade runner' or apocalyptic style environment, perhaps giving the player with the ability to create your own vehicles for specific tasks. This would be a leap forward and push the gta concept.

They would be daft to ignore the breakthrough in online gaming, I would say that it is almost certain that this will feature. There may, in this instance, be more scope for creating your own character than being given a single player model so some individuality can be shown when playing online / joining gangs (tribes) or what ever this may entail.

Just my thoughts.

The Beast MK4
My moneys on GTA Glasgow. :cool:

Lead character Jonny and your first weapon is an empty buckie bottle. First mission, running away from the glesga polis after they raided your illegal CD stall in the barras.

I can only dream.... ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
rumors have been flying round for months about it being set in the UK.

apparently, one of the researchers/mappers leaked to the press about the nature of his work in the UK or something. probably b****cks, but hey ho.

still can't wait!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The fact this isnt released until October and the trailer is tomorrow means they can take feedback and rectify problems etc that the buyer has suggested. No doubt the era and locations wont be to everyones taste, but they dont usually make many mistakes with these games, and I cant wait for this one!

mk5 VDUB polo
i've been waiting for this game for so long now!

i want the trailer now!! i hope this doesnt turn out to be a let down because i'm expecting something amazing!

182 RB FF
Also thought about it being in japan/China but ruled it out because of the radio stations and stuff it wouldn't really work, would it?

Will be great if its modern day or maybe 90's based on the UK, can't wait now, does it go live 11pm our time tomorrow night?

Monaco 172 2/468
Can't wait for this, I really really hope they've got some co-op type thing available in this one, crackdown style, but obviously more realistic and lengthy like the usual GTA

Then afterwards, gang wars online :cool:

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
itll be on ps3 and xbox 360 october 17th in europe.

apparently xbow 360 gets some funny add on thing too. i saw a video on youtube with some xmbox rep talking about the game.

itll be massive though with both consoles being able to power bigger games.

My bets are a UK gta. altho possibly multi-country. if you think about it. if they did it online theyd have to make more than one city/map due to the huge players.

mk5 VDUB polo
^^you fool i meant the trailer :p but thanks that also helpfull too. i reckon its going to be multi-country aswell, it will be good to utilise the airports properly now they've got the console to do it on

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i guess you can't rule out international gangsta domination can you really? sneaking loads of cociane to the uk form columbia lmao. thta would be funny.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Indeed, apparently the Xbox360 version will get a few add-ons available through Xbox Live.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I am just waiting for that fooking Halo3 beta!!

Re: GTA though..

People mentioning online are right, Rockstar just can't ignore the online scene this time, Crackdown has shown people it can be done, and can be done well (if a little short). And if they don't make GTA online this time, I'm not going to buy it, it will be an enormous game as usual, and I just can't be doing with separate Single player and multiplayer anymore. It's boring playing on your toddle.

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
Rockstar did half hour adverts on some early morning channels of the ticking clock. How annoying must that be if you didnt realise.