ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Guess what ...

Clio 200 Raider
My cup has gone wrong again.

Since Feb when i bought the car ive had gearbox go exhaust fall off and needed a dog bone mount guess i got a right dud.
Now my latest problem that just occured today,
Basically i can change gear ok and the car is driveable but when u change gear the material the gear knob is attatched to ( where it meets the plastic centre bit) comes out when u move it into gear.Tried to clip it back in but guess a bit broke off it as it wont click back in. will take it down reno on mon but just annoyed with al these teething problems ive had since feb reckon ive got a right dud.

That said i love my car and for the money nothing comes close but i suppose u can understand my frustration!

sorry for the long post

Exhaust are normal to fail engine mount usualy wear our myabe the last owner was a bit hard on it.

The gearshaft cover can fail its due to them being to tight a new ones easy to fit £7~10 I think.

canky said:

Since Feb when i bought the car ive had gearbox go exhaust fall off and needed a dog bone mount guess i got a right dud.
Now my latest problem that just occured today,
Basically i can change gear ok and the car is driveable but when u change gear the material the gear knob is attatched to ( where it meets the plastic centre bit) comes out when u move it into gear.Tried to clip it back in but guess a bit broke off it as it wont click back in. will take it down reno on mon but just annoyed with al these teething problems ive had since feb reckon ive got a right dud.

That said i love my car and for the money nothing comes close but i suppose u can understand my frustration!

sorry for the long post

mine broke quite a bit ago.........had to fix a chrome gear gaiter cover thing to stick it down better , it does look better imo

when u put your foot down , you get clunking sounds from the engine , specially in lower gears i think ......

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Oh the joys of french cars.Its a shame they cant build them like the F1 motors because there running around 99% this year for reliability

ian

BMW 330D
canky said:

when u change gear the material the gear knob is attatched to ( where it meets the plastic centre bit) comes out when u move it into gear.Tried to clip it back in but guess a bit broke off it as it wont click back in.

£5.05 from renault new gear gaitor. just go in and ask em for one thats wat i did.

kartman said:
I think you got a bit unlucky mate but the gaiter is an easy fix.
Kully, any pics of your gaiter?

its the chrome surround thing , that i've got , no pics at the mo