ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had a test ride on one of these! (Ducati content)

clio 172 cup, aprilia rsv
For all the bike nuts on here though u might like this, Managed to get a test ride on one of these on Friday! Being over a year without my RSV Factory im starting to get itchy feet again and wanted to temporarily cure my urges untill i find a new steed! lol Rang Ducati Aylesbury (on yur bike, bicester) and they had a new Ducati 1199 Panigale S demo available!
smiley4.gif
After being off a bike for over a year i thought i might b a tad rusty, but from the first twist of the throttle the big Duke felt sooo easy to ride and inspires so much confience! its like riding a 600 with a stonking 195bhp v twin bolted into it! The sheer pace of the thing is unbelievable for a big vee, its got a similar top end rush to a 1000cc four and with the added quick shifter the accelleration is relentless! Also the noise of the standard pipes is crazy for a std system, imo it wasnt far off my Factory with the Mivv's fitted! lol its surprisingly comfortable to ride at low speed aswell but a bit of a struggle to tuck in properly (im 6ft).Handling wise its soo stable and feels planted and the brakes are PHENOMINAL! if i had 20k spare i wud have bought one there and then but saying that i havnt ridden an rsv4 Factory yet and thats supposed to be pretty much on par with the 1199 but 4k cheaper! Only dampner on the test ride was a little deer that decided to cross my path at around 80, i still dont know how i missed it but it was fookin close! too close really! seriously sh*t me up and may have made my mind up wether i want another road bike or not, may stick to track only.... Seriously though if you get a chance or are offered a ride on one of these DO IT! i guarentee youll love it!
IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

Arctic Blue FF 182
I don't ride but f#ck me that looks the balls! Awesome machine! Is that electronic controlled front forks?

Lionel Richie
the only bikes ever made that makes me want to do a bike test is Ducati, anything they've ever made, but i would kill myself :(

I don't ride but f#ck me that looks the balls! Awesome machine! Is that electronic controlled front forks?

yeh all the suspension is set up electronically, its got 3 different settings, race, sport and wet/rain. once one of theses is selected the onboard wizadry automatically set up the suspension, abs, traction control and power settings. awesome bit of kit

Arctic Blue FF 182
yeh all the suspension is set up electronically, its got 3 different settings, race, sport and wet/rain. once one of theses is selected the onboard wizadry automatically set up the suspension, abs, traction control and power settings. awesome bit of kit

Amazing the technology on the bikes these days really! Awesome bit of kit!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I know nothing about bikes but I f**king love the look of that. The suspension sounds awesome too, very future tech like.

Still want a ninja one day. I grew up loving them as a kid so that's the only bike I ever really see and think "ooohhhh"

Basically turn up or ring and book a demo out, can be as simple as that but some places get funny if they thnk yur not actually gona buy a bike at the end of it! Had 2 kinda blag this 1 a bit as the 1199's r really sought after st the mo and having a 20k price tag dusnt help lol

williams and trophy
nice bike. my mates just sold his 999 and 1098 thing...im not that big on bikes as you can probs tell....hes just bought a bmw 1000? rr thing. he reckons it beats the s**t out of his dukes...he had a swap with his mates rsv4 thing at weekend, says his mate was well pissed off he bought that instead o the beemer.they both rate it quite hghly.

personally i wouldnt have one for the road. too easy to go too fast for the conditions on them...not that i need much persuasion to bury the throttle a bit more. ;)

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i'll be honest, i dont like the panigale, 916, 998, 1098, 1198, 888, yes, but that just looks weird.

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
Awesome bit of kit, wish I had the balls to book a test drive but I know I have no intention of buying so feel a bit guilty!

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
that looks immense.
were you on any of the aprilia sites btw regis?
when i had my rsv mille,i was on the rsvzone till it imploded then
aprilia performance,which has now merged with rsvr.net.
both griffs sites,top bloke.
vtwins are the amazing bikes,much more character and soul than il4's.
i loved my blade,but missed the mille so much after i went back to il4's.

an old 2002 rsvr is calling methinks!!!

An orange one
Amazing! Not into bikes but that thing looks like a custom job! .

Our farm supplier has just bought a brand new diavel thing, it's red and carbon fibre and looks stunning! £17k though..!!!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
That's awesome. I have ridden bikes all my life (I don't have a licence for road bikes though) and I'd like to own a decent bike like a Ducati at some point.

A mate of mine has an R6 that I've been on. 157mph on the M621 was enough to frighten me to death, I refused to pillion with my mate after that.