ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my first service yesterday...

Scruffy blue 182

and Im not best pleased!

Dropped the car off at 8am yesterday for 12K service and to fix the usual knock from the front engine mount.

3:30pm - phone call to say no knock can be heard. Explained in great detail what the knock was and how to re-align the mount to stop it.

4:pm phonecall to say knock fixed, car ready for collection.

5:30pm arrived to pick up the car, bill £164. not bad.

5:31pm Invoice reveals that theyve used the wrong oil. 10W40 semi-synth. I ask why, and apparently...."It only needs 5W40 at the 24K service"

At this point, Im starting to get a little annoyed. Asked them to read the service book which lists that the Renaultsport 2.0 engine uses 5W40. ALL OF THE TIME. In the end (after much discussion) theyve agreed to drain the oil and replace it at no cost today. Im dubious that it will happen.

Although the cost is minimal, theyve charged me for "apple screenwash. The car was washed and polished on Sunday and I filled the screenwash. The car was in the garage at home all day on Monday, so I must have a leak if they had to fill it.....

Then to cap it all off I walk out to the car and its parked two inches away from another car in the car park. The wing mirrors were almost touching. No damage, but .....

In future Ill certainly be supplying my own oil. And going elsewhere.

Scruffy blue 182

but Im stuck now. They sent me a letter this morning that says..

We are now the only official authorised Renault Dealer for Gateshead and South Tyneside

Great - only other place is Reg Vardy in Sunderland, but Ive had a fall out with them too....

Leon TDI

Mine was serviced Monday, and cost me £185. Better check i got the correct oil....

I too got charged for Screenwash, although it needed topping up, so i cant really complain about that one. Dont think i got the luxory of apple screen wash though!

The worst extra i have been charged for, was when i had my MG F, they charged me £4.99 for a replacement battery for the key fob. When i complained the said the key fob battery get replaced as part of the service.

Leon TDI

OK, i have just checked my invoice....

THey have used 10W40HAV in my 182. To quote the Maintenace book - For the Clio 2.0 16V Renault Sports engine and V6 engine and for the Megane 2.0 T Engine, use ACEA A3 5W40 Standard Oil

Now this means nothing to me, what does this mean?

what would happend if you went in there and said dont worry i have changed the oil the other day also changed the oil filter and refilled all the bottles my self. what would they say then? will you just get a bill for £0 and thats ur service done?

Scruffy blue 182

Well - Im impressed. They returned the car and due to my little paint marking on the sump plug and sump (sneaky I know) the oil has been changed. Theyve even replaced the sump plug (again). I can only assume its got the right oil in now of course - no invoice etc as they replaced it FOC.

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 23 March 2005

Do you have to keep a FRSH to maintain warrenty then?
They will try to tell you that you do but thats wrong.

So long as its done in accordance with the manafacturers recommendations using their recommended parts then they cannot argue.

Vee dub

Yeah as long as its maintained correctly then u guess your fine. Mines got a FRSH and im going to keep that up.