ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halfords Direct - Anyone else had problems?

finally decided to bite the bullet and upgrade the ICE system in my car. ordered an alpine head unit of Halfords Direct and received it today.:D Good news!

Took it out of packaging, box looked a little second hand and had been opened:dapprove: Bad news!

Took Unit out of the box, not wrapped in a plastic bag, faceplate attached.:eek: more bad news

Noticed that the aerial lead was wrapped in blue electrical tape. :( bad news again

Discovered that the cage was bent and bits scratched and twisted. :nono: more bad news

Case of the unit was scratched at the back and on the top of it.:mad:

Sat and wrote an email to them asking for full refund or replacement with brand new unit as this was what I thought I had ordered. Checked the ad on their web-site and nothing about it being a return, ex display or second hand Unit. Now waiting for their response.:rolleyes:

The annoying thing is that I am now waiting for them to agree that I can replace it and return it to a local Halfrauds and then waiting for a refund or replacement to be sent out. Meanwhile the time I set aside this weekend with my fitter to fit the whole system will have to be cancelled as I probably won't have a head unit by then.

The other thing that annoys me is that nobody checked that this was a new unit and sent it out anyway. If i had wanted a second hand unit I'd have chanced my arm on Fleabay or seen Bloke in the pub who coulsd lay his hands on a Unit for the right price!

Sorry for the rant, I'll keep you all posted.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
shocking service to be honest mate.

kick up a fuss.

/carl

ValverInBits
yeah kick a fuss.

Your "fitter", Mate it is just a head unit? Give it a whirl and save some mulah!

3 WORDS.

"GOOD OLD HALFRAUDS"

Another f**k up :(

I've heard so many bad things about them, they must be totally useless

Sound like in was an ex display or something :S

I hope you get it resloved asap and they give you a replacement ;)

Mk1 Maxim Sport
yeah kick a fuss.

Your "fitter", Mate it is just a head unit? Give it a whirl and save some mulah!

It's a bit more than just the Head Unit. was going to be doing the whole lot - have got some Vibe Components and coaxials to go in as well as a Fli active sub.:banghead:

Ur upgrading to a fli sub?? please say ur joking mate. U need the Vibe sub to go wit the components not the rip off fli sub which sounds sssssshiiiiiiiittttteeeeeeee

Just a quick update on this saga. No response to my email yesterday, so rang them up. was told to take Unit to my nearest Halfords and that they would arrange a return and will send out a new unit as a replacement. Took it in to Halfords and manager agreed that this should not have happened and he will talk to them at Halfords Direct.

Had a phone call from Halfords Direct tonight as a response to my email and the photos I sent them of the Head Unit. They couldn't apologise enough and want to make amends and send me an upgrade to: Alpine CDE-9871RH. I know it's a Halfords only model that Alpine do but it is a £55.00 upgrade and its i-pod ready. After some umming and ahhing I accepted their offer.

Not saying anything else until it arrives on Friday but well pleased with the result and the customer service. Also didn't have to raise my voice once.