ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halifax - Colne Drive and Sunday Lunch - Sunday 18th July

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone fancy this, meet up in Denholme where we met for the halifax meet last time at 11:00am.

Then take a drive over to Langroyd Hall in Colne for a carvery sunday lunch. Its reasonable think its about £5 on a sunday for a carvery (normally £3.50!) and its not bad food for the money :)

Its also a decent drive over to the pub and there is a half decent place to stop for some pictures if people want to on the way.

We may even be able to meet up with some of the NW lot once there if there is any interest?

So, any takers?

1) Mike
2)
3)

The proposed meeting point:

Denholme (fax side) at BD13 4EZ, the bit of land between a mill and a farm shop, opposite cragg lane. This can be seen below:

screen-capture-8-1.png

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
@ste + jim, you 2 just fancy a blast somewhere on sunday around the same time? Maybe somewhere inbetween me + ste and you jim?

Da

Less
I'd be up for this Mike, if I don't do Chester :)

Quite fancy getting out and stretching her legs on some roads I'm familiar with.

Oh and I think carvery is £6.50 @ Langroyd on a Sunday mate.

None
Yeah i'm up for that Mike, i don't know any drives over that way much but if you have any good idea's i'm in..........i still really fancy doing the buttertubs sometime but the weather isn't looking great for sunday at the moment :(

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd be up for this Mike, if I don't do Chester :)

Quite fancy getting out and stretching her legs on some roads I'm familiar with.

Oh and I think carvery is £6.50 @ Langroyd on a Sunday mate.

Yeah i'm up for that Mike, i don't know any drives over that way much but if you have any good idea's i'm in..........i still really fancy doing the buttertubs sometime but the weather isn't looking great for sunday at the moment :(

Not sure of any, was going to ask jim, but if daz is in too maybe we should go ahead with the original plan, or at least stay over this way instead?

What do people want to do? If we head over Daz's way and maybe he could show us some of his local roads ;) Or we could go to buttertubs setting off from keighley again which is local enough for everyone i reckon. I'm easy, just fancy a drive tbh

Last edited:
  None
I'm with you on this Mike, just fancy the drive out, if no decision is made for definate either way then i'm happy to turn up at take it from there.

Have any pm's gone out for this meet ?, might still get a little interest over the next next couple of days :)

Da

Less
I can lead over some country roads towards and around Colne if you like, but I'm not sure if you'll already be familiar with them or not?

Weather looks appalling to be fair so I'm not wanting a 'drive' as such, just a casual convoy.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I can lead over some country roads towards and around Colne if you like, but I'm not sure if you'll already be familiar with them or not?

Weather looks appalling to be fair so I'm not wanting a 'drive' as such, just a casual convoy.

Yep that sounds good, so if we follow the original plan and meet where i said, then convoy to colne and meet you there (where you want to meet), then maybe go for a bit of a 'casual convoy' and stop for a swift half at a pub somewhere maybe.

Want to put a thread up in your section see if anyone wants to join us?

Sounds decent :) Rumours at work today were that weather should pick up for the weekend despite what the tv is saying (we have decent weather monitoring at work, not that it is always right lol)

Da

Less
Sounds good to me, except I'll probably meet you at Denholme mate and convoy back ;)

Will fire a thread over in the NW section to see if anyone fancies tagging along. I've asked Carl too.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good to me, except I'll probably meet you at Denholme mate and convoy back ;)

Will fire a thread over in the NW section to see if anyone fancies tagging along. I've asked Carl too.

Cool, yeh meet us where ever mate. Will you be offering demo rides ;)

None
I'll be there Mike :), less chance of losing people if there is only the four of us, if we end up going to colne as planned then afterwards i might tour over to grassington then pately bridge and back to leeds bradford airport if anyone is up for that too :)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Im hopefully gonna be setting off at about half ten so may be a little late.

Dont finish work till 7am so if im not there its because I slept in.

Weather looks reasonable though!