ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Halo Reach beta

182 Full of Fat
Any one managed to get the early code.
Been playing it for a while and I'm not to keen tbh (sure it will grow on me thought).....1st impression is it's not as skillfull as Halo 3.

Grenades are WAY too over powered and the assault rifle is useless again, can see the jet packs ruining most game types, the hit boxes seem tiny (could be my connection).

The new DMR is decent but is going to need mega raping to get good with it.

Leave gamertag in here i you have downloaded it. Will be on tonight for a while for a few games

Diesel Barge
How'd ya get an early invite code?

Duno what it is, i might be getting old, but this is the first time i havnt been excited for a halo release, i was even mildly excited for odst.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah what?!?! After the disapointment of ODST it was the thing I was looking forward to!

Remember it is a Beta version though, the whole point of it is to sort out balancing issues and find glitches.

57 Clio Campus Sport
If you have ODST beta starts on 3rd may. I would love an early code although I think it's unlikely I'm going to come across one...

Has anyone tried download the new trailer on live? For some reason when ever I try it crashes my xbox then when I restart it crashes about 5 seconds after I connect to live and keeps doing it until I remove the trailer from download queue by going to xbox.com

Mito Sportiva 135
Not tried mate. I played with you a couple of time on Halo 3 though you were pretty good, we should hopefully have a decent little team from CS we can put together as Halo more so than Call of Duty requires it to do well I think.

320d M Sport
i'm not that ecxitied either, loved the Halo games but ODST ruined it, the game was too disjointed, boring...everything looked the same. I didnt even realised I'd finished it till the credits came up. Crap

Mito Sportiva 135
ODST was basically an expensive expansion, hence it being called Halo 3: ODST. This is an all new game and has received a lot of buzz so far. Think they have really moved on a lot in all aspects on this one, plus the graphics look more "realistic" (could be good or bad) to appeal to all those people who were put off by the design being a bit different to the greys/browns of so called "grittier" games.

I'm really excited for this, and War for Cybertron.

182 Full of Fat
I don't care what any single player is like, never played any halo single player. Just stick to the MP, getting in to it now and it's awsome, only way you seem to die though is by over powered grenades!

Public beta starts on Monday and lasts for 17 days

Honda. Tesla Someday
OMG its Live NOW! Over 165,000 games played so far!

And yes, Halo Reach is a totally NEW game, NEW engine, NEW everything. ODST was an Expansion to Halo 3 - like a spin off.

Halo Reach looks like its going to be one ass kicking fragfest! CAN NOT WAIT!

57 Clio Campus Sport
OMG its Live NOW! Over 165,000 games played so far!

And yes, Halo Reach is a totally NEW game, NEW engine, NEW everything. ODST was an Expansion to Halo 3 - like a spin off.

Halo Reach looks like its going to be one ass kicking fragfest! CAN NOT WAIT!

Where is it live? No on my odst disc yet? Still just a preview

Last edited:
  Megane 225 F1
Wont be realised until around 8-9pm tonight. But bungie wont tell exactly when it will be.

57 Clio Campus Sport
How do you get it Live do you put the ODST disc in or what??

Yeah you put ODST disc in and it's at the bottom of the first menu, right now there is just a Halo Reach Preview thing there, that will be replaced with the beta when it goes live. Supposed to be going live early evening GMT

Wont be realised until around 8-9pm tonight. But bungie wont tell exactly when it will be.

2 reasons, stop people moaning about it being late which it probs will be, 2 to stagger the downloads I guess so everybody isn't downloading at once.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Then i got disconnected an had to start again f**k BT. Will have to wait till midnight and pull an all nighter on it

Honda. Tesla Someday
got my HD projector hooked up, 5.1 surround, and wireless 360 headset on charge! Beta downloading, at 39%

DeeKay86

Mito Sportiva 135
I'll be on duringthe week, cannot wait for this. Also I know it's all about the mp on Halo but I do genuinely always enjoy the single player too for the story - for a game it's quite a rich story.

Mito Sportiva 135
CANNOT WAIT!

Lots of minor little changes to the mp but I think in total it will make a really polished experience.

A good farewell for Bungie and Halo...I can't believe Bungie have just signed over publishing rights to Activision now too, hopefully it won't be the same as when Rare went to MS and a relatively small independent developer gets lost.

182 Full of Fat
GT - C1aytonn, if anyone wants a game of it, really got into it now, play arena slayer mostly where you get a rank on it everyday.

RB Clio 182
What are peoples thoughts on this now?. I'v played it for a couple of days now and im not sure if i like it yet or not. I think they could have put a bigger map in the beta as it is massivly manic! cos you got jet packs, cloaking or sprint to choose from its easy to get from one end of the map to the other quickly..always have to be alert!

57 Clio Campus Sport
It's grown on me. The only niggle I have is matchmaking, it's good you get to pick from a few but if 4 people go to a new one it still stays on default when it should really change.

RenaultSport 172
Played this a few times, I wuite like it!

Only gripe is they've changed the buttons!! Argh!!

182 Full of Fat
Arena slayer pro is where it's at where you get a daily rank, no shite load outs apart from sprint, 1 grenade, spawn with DMR and no secondary.

New mode and map should be added today/tomorrow which looks good.....bit like king of the hill it looks like.

I know I will like the full game with the right game modes/settings (when MLG get their hands on it) but it's 90% of the people that are playing it that are ruining it at the moment eg.....camping the lift on swordbase with sword and shotgun, spamming grenades etc...(happens 90% of the time).