ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Handling

Clio182
Right guys I have a standard 182 (minus the scorpion exhaust iv fitted) and iv owned it for about 6 weeks! Love the drive and it's so much fun! The handling isn't great though so what's the first thing I should do to improve it ?

Clio 182
The only time my handing wasn't good was when I had leaking rear dampners, ever since change it has felt solid again. Tyres will also influence handling...

1) Replace everything that's broken (e.g. common leaky rear dampers, common cracked front springs etc)
2) Make sure everything's pointing in the right direction (£30 for tracking with a printout)
3) Replace everything that's plain rubbish ("ditchfinder" tyres etc.)
4) Replace everything that's a bit too worn for your liking (might have excessive play in track rod ends causing vague steering etc)

5) Reconsider the "not great" handling.

182 ff
get all new dampers, ebach sportlines springs, maybe through in standard new top mounts,new yokohama Advan Neova AD08R, track rod ends.. get tracking done with a read out...as steven 103 suggested ..the tracking is really important ..its worth the £40 or so
I got all the above.. the faster you go the better the handling]

Clio182
Right cheers guys! I have some cheap ass tyres on it at the mo so need to invest in a good set! I think then it will be a case of invest in a good suspension setup , are Koni any good for the 182?

182 ff
Right cheers guys! I have some cheap ass tyres on it at the mo so need to invest in a good set! I think then it will be a case of invest in a good suspension setup , are Koni any good for the 182?

if you have a none cup pack you can get konis (yellows),if you do have cup pack, konis wont fit the front.. I wouldn't mis match dampers..
if your standard springs are ok ,just get 4 new dampers.. all depends on what you to want to spend..
for around £350,(or less if you get your dampers from Renault west on here.).can get 4 dampers and ebach springs ..

2005 RB 182
If you're not hitting the track then get new OEM all round with a PROPER set of tyres. get some Brembo High Carbon discs and run either Ferodo ds2500 pads or Mintex 1144 if you dont have Ferodo money! iv heard good things about Pagid Blue pads but i havent experienced them firsthand. Also get some braided hoses fitted. Should move nice and confident on the road with this set up.