ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harness

danterzza

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Got a saftey devices rear cage with a harness bar and the original trendlines in the front of my trophy.

I end up sitting like Quasimodo in them and got a few track days coming up so treating myself to a harness.

I reckon I am just going to get a 4 point with a seat belt style buckle.

Any suggestions which ones will bolt straight in? And are they're mounting points on the trendlines?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/harnesses/sabelt-4-point-bolt-in-harness

That any Good?

Ta

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Not trying to be an ass but are the trendlines rated for harness use? Seen some pretty nasty pictures of crashes with reclining seats and a harness and the seat has failed and snapped in half.

danterzza

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Was looking at those. just wanted to make sure they would bolt straight in on the existing mounts and wrap around the cage okay.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Not trying to be an ass but are the trendlines rated for harness use? Seen some pretty nasty pictures of crashes with reclining seats and a harness and the seat has failed and snapped in half.

Iirc recaro seats with harness holes are ok to use harnesses with.

The only instance I've seen of catastrophic failure was with fake mk1 focus Rs seats (two piece seats with stitching to hide the separate head rest) shearing and snapping the occupants back in an accident

I wouldn't use harnesses with the trendlines. There is a video on YouTube of a boy using harnesses in a Civic Type R with reclinable recaros and has a crash and the seat snaps. Harnesses should only be used with fixed buckets imo