ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Harnesses Fitted.

Clio 182 Trophy
My Girlfriend got me these for Christmas.... :D :D

Not yet been for a drive but I have strapped myself in a few times :) , cant wait to test them out.

DSCF2940.gif

DSCF2933.gif

DSCF2931.gif

DSCF2930.gif

DSCF2929.gif

DSCF2927.gif

DSCF2920.gif

DSCF2932.gif

Not too bad if I do say so myself. What you guys think ?

Ben. :cool:

I had one of these for ages and its for sale lol.............

The Trophy Recaro's don't work very well with harnesses as they don't have the side slots so the belts slide about and you submarine under them under braking.

They do look good though.

:)

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Trophy
There is a bit more road noise and the exhaust sounds louder. Would probably get annoying if I used the car every day but its a weekend car now.

Renault Sport Clio 182
Looks awsome. I want to have that but wouldnt be able to drive with harnesses everyday :(

no, the novalty wore off quickly for me too when i had mine. especially as im short anyway and had them in my very low mk1, parking machines and drive thru's were an issue.

BMW Z4
There is a bit more road noise and the exhaust sounds louder. Would probably get annoying if I used the car every day but its a weekend car now.

I had a harness in (borrowed from my mate) and it was really annoying took it out in the end but this was my every day car.

Clio 182 Trophy
Where did you get the carpet done? Need something to cover my floor when the seats are out :)

I got the car carpet from Ebay and cut it to shape myself. I used the same red trim as the car mats to trim one of the edges to tidy it up a bit. Turned out pretty well I thought.

Clio 182 Trophy
I went for my first drive out in these before and I love them. Felt really secure and so much more comfortable when braking hard because they stop you from jerking forward. They took a bit of getting used to at first with the lack of freedom of movement compared to the normal seat belts. Reversing is a nightmare, which also means parking is a nightmare but ill get used to it.
Driving feels a bit more of a riot with the harnesses and the extra noise from the rear. I cant wait to get the Trophy on track now !

Clio 182 Trophy
Just a quick Q where do the lap straps bolt into? they attached to the runners?

One side is attached via the bolt where the seatbelt buckle is attached and the other side is attached via the bolt which supports the bar where the standard belt is attached. Did that make any sense. I can upload some pics if you like ?

SG9 Forester STi
Looks good! I was the same when I first went for a drive with mine fitted, you feel really restricted but you get used to it after a while. I dont think I could go back to normal seatbelts now.

Clio 182 Trophy
Looks good! I was the same when I first went for a drive with mine fitted, you feel really restricted but you get used to it after a while. I dont think I could go back to normal seatbelts now.

Everyone ive talked to who has had them fitted said the same thing, that they didnt feel secure when going back to standard belts.

SG9 Forester STi
Yeah, it feels alien switching to harnesses because of the lack of play in them but whenever i'm in someone else's car it feels like you're barely held in..only annoying thing I would say is having to adjust them when it's cold and you put a bigger coat on and can't fit in anymore lol.

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
One side is attached via the bolt where the seatbelt buckle is attached and the other side is attached via the bolt which supports the bar where the standard belt is attached. Did that make any sense. I can upload some pics if you like ?

kinda makes sense but pics would be a great help lol