ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anybody ever sealed there sunroof in??

has anybody ever sealed there sunroof in because im sick to death of mine rattling etc,
if so any methods used please help me out before i just smash the thing to bits lol :p

drives me mad! hate the sunroof, dont need it, so sealing it sounds the best idea..

help guys?
cheers.. jak

ford cougar 2.0 16v
i just forced mine down and it sealed quite well. depends whether you want tot open it again in the future

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've used black silicone sealant to seal up a few sunroofs, can look very neat if you're patient and then no more feckin leaks or rattles. Only as a last resort tho.

clio 200
did it on my saxo cos it leaked use a clear silicon and gun smooth around by using your finger

If you're going to use a sealant, my advice (for what it's worth) -

best to use a pen top or some other circular plastic tube like thing that will give you the radius you want. It's difficult to keep a consistent pressure with your finger. And a piece of plastic produces a smoother finish. Hold the 'tool' at the same angle the whole way round and it should look neat. If necessary lubricate the 'tool' with water (I think.) Before you start apply masking tape just outside the area where you're going to apply the sealant - that way you can easily remove most of the excess. Remove the rest of the excess before it's set too much.

Lupo GTI
I've been thinking about doing this to my sunroof because it does my tits in.

But I've also thinking about getting the whole thing removed, panel in and the whole roof painted black; but I can't decide.