ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Has someone pikieed my cat?

Clio RS 172
I don't mean nicked it... I'm wondering if someone has decatted my cat. My 172 is unmodified and the exhaust looks original but its loud... Too loud for me (I must be getting old!). Its boomy around 3k and pops and bangs a lot...

Is there an easy way to find out if its been butchered? It passed mot with no emissions problems - is this surprising if it has no cat bits left?

cheers for any help, trying to avoid buying a new cat just to find its the exhaust which is worn out or been butchered!

Mondeo TDCI 130
Could be a non genuine cat back system, they are fairly loud sometimes, even oe replacement so called items.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Check it for welding marks

DSC_0203_zpsf1180ea9.jpg

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I get this but no pops and bangs. Cheapy replacement exhaust system. I'm going to get something decent fitted.

Yours might be remapped

Flamer, x2 19s
If it went through legit emisions then it must have a cat, of some kind, cheap cats i have found make a resinating sound and you can hear popping from that region, get some pictures of the system, and post them up

Clio RS 172
Thanks for the replies. Thinking it might just be a cheapy system, I'll get some pics up. For sure the cat doesn't look butchered like the above pic! I'll get some pics up ASAP and maybe a video? Don't suppose there's a cheap fix! Maybe worth investing in a SS system if there's one quiet enough... Feel like a real grandad complaining my cars too loud!!