ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Have you ever been stopped?

Fiesta ST-3
Pinched this video off TP but I'm keen to know if any of you lads have been asked to stop taking pictures? Personally I haven't been but I'm always cautious when taking pictures of oil tankers and refineries in the area even though it's not illegal.

The video is well worth a watch. And good to see some stupid security companies that spout s**t put in their place by the police.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Brings back memories of being in college!

Every time we went filming (whether in Windsor/Reading/London) we were stopped at least once. It was always just officers asking us what we were doing out of curiousity more than anything! No harm done.

Once went to take some pictures of a mates car a good five years back; as soon as we turned into the industrial estate a police car pulled us over. Turned out to be a nice bloke with an interest in cars, and tbh if I was a copper and saw two lads in an RS Turbo pull into an abandoned estate I'd have followed us too. Lol.

frewinrst002copy.jpg

Excuse the pony photo. ;)

Nice video, seen a similar one a while back about knowing your rights in public places, being amateur i kind of avoid hostile or busy places to photograph but as i get into it more i do want to venture into town and do some "busy" shots, bored of dead landscape and objects!

Haha funny you should mention it!

When I went for car park shoot at Bluewater last week with Rob, we got approached by the "Bluewater police" in their prius who informed us we weren't allowed to take photos, but seeing as it was of the cars there was no harm done and we could carry on. The female security officer told us she had a blue one we could add to the shots if we wanted (we both assumed she meant the prius) and then proceeded to explain she had a 172 cup!!

Obviously Me and Rob asked if she was on the forum to which she replied with a firm "No".... Then 15 mins later she came running back across to the car park to ask us the forum address so she could sign up as her passenger seat tilt had broken!!

Needless to say neither of us had a flyer (tut tut) but we did tell her to sign up and say "Rob" referred you.... No idea if she has turned up in the past couple of weeks on here!!

RIP Dan
In fairness I think the security guys wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't come and have a freindly chat.

Although most of them were utter penis heads.

The cops were great, really freindly and realised it was a waste of time.

Good vid though, cheers for posting.

Bomber and I had a security guard come up to use when we were shooting in Gloucester one evening, really sound guy. We were actually just packing up and about to leave, but we chatted for about 10 minutes about all this 'every photographer is a terrorist' bollox. He said he went on a course, and he's meant to report ALL activity, and record our reg etc. But he said it was a load of crap and didn't bother lol!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure if 911 had happened while I was at Uni i'm sure i'd have been stopped all the time,
I went though a phase of shooting indutrial landscapes like power stations and large chemical works.

However the industry's sapped all the fun out of photography for me, so I don't touch my camera outside of the studio.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Iv been stopped about 5 times by police and city ambassadors back when I used to skate but Id be told I cant photograph in a area but I was always too clued up.

Iv not looked a the vid above. Iv seen a few vids il try to re-find.

RB One Eight Two
Yeah I was detained in Arizona, in the middle of the desert believe it or not, hadn't even got the camera out the car.

Never had any trouble really photographing in UK.

Megane Mk4
Just goes to prove what numptie's some of our nations Security staff really are. Good video.

Forgot me and Dave had TWO unmarked police cars turn up when we were messing about in Gloucester one night. We had my rig on Dave's car, and pushing it about (as you do!)

Apparently, according to the police, a member of the public had dialed 999 as they thought we were about to do some stunts!! I did laugh, and when we explained to them what we were doing they laughed too, and let us carry on! Respect!

lol! that reminds me of the GMP doing the 24 hour twitter.

65968_455039913680_514638680_5305698_6334848_n.jpg

Me and a mate were stopped the other weekend for taking pictures of a papermill on fire. The police turned up and tried to nick my mate for a breech of the peace and claimed he was taking pictures of them.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can photograph police though can't you?

Brilliant video that, thanks a lot for posting it up. Really gives you a lot of confidence in situations like that with both security and police.