ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hazard light switch - swapping it

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I've removed the bit of trim where the hazard light switch go by the gear stick because it weighed too much lol. I want to move it to where the stereo went by getting a single din blank (already have) and then cut a hole in for the switch.
The original switch is an awful shape to cut a hole for and doesn't sit flush. So I want to put a simple on/off flick switch. Has anyone ever done this? As I wouldn't know where to start as the current switch has many connections on!

Also the same for the central locking button, but I could be tempted to not have that one connected /tucked up underneath the heater controls

The blank will also have an oil pressure gauge at some point in time too

172 Ph1
This what you are thinking of.
Someone else's motor.
Good idea

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451298522.200911.jpg

Wouldn't be to difficult to sort I'd imagine .

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I was thinking that but I don't like the way the original button sticks out and not flush. So wanted a simple circular push switch (already seen the one I want) as it is easy to drill the hole out of the blank!
I just need to source a working diagram for the existing switch so I can get the right one.